Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What position do you play?

• 20-08-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering the general consensus of people who post here and what position they play?
    I wouldn't mind another poll of what level they play at, but one is enough for now!
    Maybe post what club you are affiliated with too if you're voting, be interesting to see.

What position do you play? If more than one, then your favourite. 44 votes

Prop
    0%
    Hooker
    27%
    tHE vAGGABONDRuggieBearEoinRattlehead_ieDe Deracotrouttoomevaramikedragon32Peadar06gcgirlShelflifekiefer93 12 votes
    Second Row
    13%
    SundyheggieNukemchris85???ssmith6287 6 votes
    Back Row
    9%
    GreenHellDanger_Daveanonymous_joeKERSPLAT! 4 votes
    Scrum-half
    20%
    suppaflycolumokSteffano2002BeauWithCheesePleasetheKramersiochainStev_oNU8 9 votes
    Out-half
    9%
    Peter Bkensutzomb0wyn5ehpij9Goodluck2me 4 votes
    Centre
    4%
    [Jackass]Dave Joyce 2 votes
    Wing
    4%
    damnyanksGelio 2 votes
    Full-back
    11%
    AmzJackzsickpuppylim abroadHeroditas 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Scrum-half
    I play open side and open side only everything else is too non sneaky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Wing
    Outside center or full back, but never inside center I hate that position more than any. Played it for a while at the start of last season and it gets to me.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Out-half
    I play scrum half.....i can play a couple of other positions in the backs if needed tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Full-back
    I mostly play left wing, i like to be able to pin my ears back and just run for the line. I prefer left to right wing too as most people can pass better to the left so passes tend to be cleaner meaning I don't have to check my pace, or stop etc. to get a ball. Only downside are the lonely days when you spend the majority of the game freezing your arse off as the forwards keep the ball up the jumper and it never goes past the inside centre.

I've played outside and inside centre and back row too. I really enjoyed playing at 7 and I think if I got the chance to move in there and really learn the trade I'd be happy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Centre
    Most of the time Out-Half, but have a fair bit of game time at inside centre, some at outside centre and played a season at 7 also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Scrum-half
    I play blind side flanker and enjoy it a lot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Full-back
    I used play on the wing and no 8 but at 6 4 and 19 stone now all ill be fit for is bag man or maybe water carrier.
    Do they play rugby in Donegal Joe?
    Am starting training tommorow after a 11 year absence someone say aprayer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Second Row
    Play hooker in J3 - used play scrum half but got slow and fat:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Hooker
    Im a Prop [either side], but Im being converted by my club to bench warming smart arse :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Full-back
    sickpuppy wrote: »

Inishowen RFC?

Oh - wing for me but the bench is more comfortable these days. Roll on another year or so and then
    I'll be the "young buck" playing vets rugby. I'll be "fast" again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Second Row
    Started on the wing, Tore my calf. Moved to scrum half. Got a growth spurt, moved to No.8. Broke my ankle, Moved to prop, Tore my achilles so now I'm a hooker. Love it though. Thank god for my array of injuries, id hate to be still out on d wing. winters are very cold now :D:D playing J3 north leinster aswell, too lazy to train :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Hooker
    Started out as 2nd row then prop but i think i'd make a great hooker !! But my Ulitmate position would be flyhalf because i can get the ball over the bar from any angle plus i got a fantastic kick!! All tha Gaa!!

Hooker
    Amz wrote: »
    Only downside are the lonely days when you spend the majority of the game freezing your arse off as the forwards keep the ball up the jumper and it never goes past the inside centre.

The joys of ladies Rugby :D

Full-back
    It will be interesting to see at the beers if people's mental images of other users are accurate, particularly based on what position they play/played.

Full-back
    gcgirl wrote: »
    The joys of ladies Rugby :D
    Aye, there were a few games last year where I had acres of space on the wing and was hoarse from screaming for it, but it never came out of the pack.

Ah well got my pink scrum cap this year so will go in and annoy them from closer range.

Hooker
    Ruck rucks and more Rucks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Centre
    We're putting togetehr a fairly nifty little squad here, with more options at prop than the national team!

All we need now is a few second rows and we're sorted!!

Full-back
    I'm surprised at the lack of second rows alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Back Row
    Well I'm the first Second Row on the forum. I would prefer to be a 6, but not fit enough for all that running .

P.S At least I'm guaranteed a spot on the boards rugby team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

Wing/Fullback, haven't played since my schooldays though.
    Was never much good anyway, but became a lazy bastard when I left school. Sometimes I toy with the idea of going back, but never bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hooker
    Up till 4 yrs ago played Prop, but due to repeating dislocated shoulder Ive had to retire, although thinking of coming back I watched all my mates play at the wkend and I wana play again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Out-half
    sickpuppy wrote: »
    I used play on the wing and no 8 but at 6 4 and 19 stone now all ill be fit for is bag man or maybe water carrier.
    Am starting training tommorow after a 11 year absence someone say aprayer for me.
    Heroditas wrote: »
    Inishowen RFC?
    Letterkenny RFC, Donegal Town RFC, Inishowen and Ballyshannon.
    LK are the only J! side the rest are J2 level.
    I play in UCD myself though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Wing
    Huge number of props!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hooker
    I've not played in a year or so now, but when I was last waddling around a pitch, it was at loosehead. I regularly covered hooker and tight head as well, and less often also played in the rows and even less at 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Scrum-half
    7 and sometimes 6. In the past mind you :(

Advertisement