Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel injectors

Options
  • 20-08-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

My dad has an X-Type diesel. Recently told that 2 of the injectors are water damaged. Garage said he would have to replace all 4. Anyone know if this is true? Also, where could he pick up fuel injectors cheap?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

bogmanfan wrote: »
    My dad has an X-Type diesel. Recently told that 2 of the injectors are water damaged. Garage said he would have to replace all 4. Anyone know if this is true? Also, where could he pick up fuel injectors cheap?
    Cheers

An Injector went in my diesel van about 6 months ago. A fitter with the company I worked for checked it over and told me that it was one of the four injetors that were gone. I brought it to a main dealer and he said that same; that the four would have to be replaced. There was a quote of 2,500 including everything which was more than the car was worth itself.

The fitter went and got one from a parts shop at a cost of 360euro and installed the one for me.

Not sure the logistics of needing all four to be replaced; maybe someone here can shed light one that one.

Advertisement