Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which single person has contributed most to the human race?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Tesla?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Wait wait I've got it.

DeVore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'd agree with this, Edison invented a crazy amount of important things.

Didn't he rip off half of the stuff he got credit for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I change my answer to Gene Simmons. He invented everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

slipss wrote: »
    Didn't he rip off half of the stuff he got credit for?
    No not really, some questions about some of them but he invented a lot of important things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

David Hasselhoff or

Pamela Anderson.

end off
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Jimmy Choo

No but seriously in Ireland Ben Dunne(for his night of drugs and a hooker would open all these payments to politicians can of worms)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Nikola Tesla

Engineering Win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

We've had Newton, Tesla and Einstein....but no Galileo?
    Shame on you science nerds :(

Oh and I'm sure I will contribute something pretty damn amazing - I just have to think of something first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Gengis Khan had 1000 wives so he was bound to be a large contributor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Alexander Graham Bell... telephone, without him there would be no internet or any other long range communication

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jaunte

John Logie Baird.

Long-term results are pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

WindSock wrote: »
    Gengis Khan had 1000 wives so he was bound to be a large contributor.

If spreading yore seed is the main criteria, there's probably some greasy kid in American paying his way through college by regularly donating sperm to the local jizz bank. He is probably a much bigger contributor than Genghis Khan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Tesla was a genius. I don't think one single person gets the cut. Alot of people. Those who cured diseases that were killing millions of people. People like Tesla for harnassing the wonders of electricity.. Stuff like that. Architects who designed modern buildings with insulation.. Er.. I dunno.

Dinosaurs were pretty cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Adam, because he was the first one to find out that the other snake (the one-eyed one) in the Garden of Eden served a dual purpose, though God knows how he found out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Fire inventing guy(s). Huge change. Without it we would not have gotten even close to this far. It opened up a whole new world of diet and protection for us.

The first farmers. On the back of them civilisation and all it means came on the back of that.

The captain who steered the ship containing plague to Europe, probably had more of an effect on the course of science religion, social dynamics and politics than any of the guys of the renaissance. DaVincis biggest direct effect would have been his invention of canal lock gates. 90% of his other stuff never made it off the drawing board. Impressive yes? effectual not so much.

Newcomen and his steam engine. It started a huge shift in technology and social change.

Gutenberg would be another one. His invention of movable type printing(in europe) changed the face of history with the freer dissemination of ideas.

Darwins up there too

But of all the fire guy was the charm so he gets my top vote.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Issac Newton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Stalin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Wibbs wrote: »
    But of all the fire guy was the charm so he gets my top vote.

Pff. everyone knows that fire was founded by Women so men would quit bitchin about the cold food :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Alexander Graham Bell... telephone, without him there would be no internet or any other long range communication

Ooooh strike two for the inventor guys. Antonio Meucci invented the telephone, Bell just pulled an Edison on him and ripped off the idea.

Didn't Einstein say something along the lines of "the key to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources". Smart bloke. Btw didn't he just copy and paste a big bunch of other peoples papers together to come up with that electromagnetism stuff he tried to pass off as his own? Bet that caveman that "discovered" fire really just smashed the guy that originally invented it over the head with a wheel he stole off some other bloke earlier in the day.

*sigh* everyone is a thief and a liar except me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Genghis Khan +1

He is thought to be responsible for (at present) 16 million descendants covering 0.5% of the worlds male population.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mr WibbleWobble

Antony Luptas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

If was the person who most greatly influenced the world we have today then I would probably go for Abraham. He is the father of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. If he didn't invent his little tales about an invisible man who talked to him, a result of which was the concept of monotheism, then we wouldn't have had the troubles associated with these three great faiths.

People would have continued worshipping their own local dieties and being relatively tolerant of neighbouring religions instead of the situation we have today of billions of people being absolutely certain that their faith, and their faith alone, is the correct faith and everyone else is the enemy of their God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Yeah, mainstream religions are the cause of all evil in the world.

I can't wait for the next thread so I can bring this up again and again and again and again and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

raah! wrote: »
    Yeah, mainstream religions are the cause of all evil in the world.

To be fair mainstream religions aren't the cause of ALL evil the world, some of the less mainstream ones are pretty bad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ADAM and EVE and their Clan
    without all their be-gotting
    where would we be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

perhaps the guy who invented penicilin , whats his face

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

no one invented penicilin - it was discovered.

I say the oxford english dictionary , they have the word 'most' in their dictionary so I guess that's contributing most to the human race !

Advertisement