Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone experienced this?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a brand new glass board a few months back, and within a few weeks of its delivery, I noticed what appeared to be a stress line/fracture on the inside of the glass. Roll on 2-3 months and a few more of them have appeared and they are all confined to the left rail.

Has anyone come across anything like this at all and can you make a stab at causes? I doubt if its the quality of the board I am just worried that its something I am doing wrong thats causing this and that it might lead to an outright crack in the glass.

Its never been dropped, dinged or otherwise in case you are wondering and its transported on a hard rack in a bag and stored in its bag too.

Cheers,

K-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eiji-the-second

it could be that your tieing the board to your racks on too hard.. the same happened to me, but i didnt use a bag.. it could be that though, maybe buy some of those pads for your racks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

the same happened to me, but i didnt use a bag..

Did the glass crack? Were the marks on your board limited to one side or all over the place? I would buy into the tying too tight, save for its limited to one side only.

Ta.

K-

Advertisement