Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Cat

Options
  • 20-08-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've recently moved house and have a huge problem with a wild tomcat that hangs around our new place.

He's spraying everything, including our front door and car, everywhere stinks. He's attacking birds in the back garden, but doesn't kill or eat them them, just leaves them half dead.

I like cats but need him gone, has anyone any suggestions on who I can contact to get him trapped and removed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Contact you local rescue the cat could belong to someone in the area however. Or you could borrow a humane cat trap and take him to the vets to be neutered and then release him again. Many rescues are full and may not be able to take him but perhaps if he was neutered and then trapped again when they did have room that might work.

Best of talking with your local rescue to see there's a list of cat rescues on irishanimals.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

You can buy cat repellent sprays from most pet stores. I don't know if they actually work though. I also heard cats dont like the scent of black pepper, so you could sprinkle some around your garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Texas

Thanks Christina,

I've tried almost everything, bottles of water, pepper, repellents... nothings worked. I have just got a home for the cat, a stable yard that needs another mouser/rater, all I need is a way to catch the stinky thing :)

Thanks Gpig for your advice, but I don't have the money right now to pay for it to be neutered and I'd prefer if it didn't come back here to mutilate my beautiful garden birds..... I'd also prefer if it wasn't destroyed.

All I need now is a cat trap... anyone any ideas???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

You could your local vet for the trap. Sometimes they can have one for hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Contact you local rescue the cat could belong to someone in the area however. Or you could borrow a humane cat trap and take him to the vets to be neutered and then release him again. Many rescues are full and may not be able to take him but perhaps if he was neutered and then trapped again when they did have room that might work.

Best of talking with your local rescue to see there's a list of cat rescues on irishanimals.ie

That cat is not only a major nuisance to yourself, he's also detrimental to local wildlife by the sounds of it. Trap him and drop him of at the council pound. Under no circumstances have him neutered and returned back to the wild to let him in carry on with his shenanigans. There's allready enough pests out there destroying songbirds that we don't need to maintain one put in there by irresponsible cat owners and give him a nice healthcheck at the vet on top of it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

local spca will trap him for you im sure. cats hate citrus smells also so get out your bottle of lemon juice and spray it all around the garden ... go nuts.

oh borrow a dog from someone lol

Advertisement