Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR : Goa support

Options
  • 20-08-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I've been reading the Warhammer alliance forums alot and there seems to be a lot of bitching about GOA and how they are going to handle the European side of WAR online.

Some of the concerns seem to stem from their handling of Daoc. But some other problems where with lack of communication, poor website(e.g. lack of updating, Flash), and not getting equal treatment to the Americans.

I'm not sure what to think, I didn't play Daoc so don't know their history, but it seems like they have a bad rep.

Anyone else worried they won't deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Gaming industry always screws europeans over, you'd think we'd be used to it but its still BS everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

While I never had any major problems with GOA during my time in DAoC, I only played on and off for a few months and wasn't experienced with MMO's (not knowing how long "too long" is in patch times/ downtime etc).

A lot of the recent raging and such on WHA is due to not much in the way of contact from the GOA community reps over the past few days, the bonuses of Closed Beta acces and Preview Weekend for North American Collector Edition pre-orders at the last minute (something GOA can't replicate while their servers are still being installed and tested) and doomsaying over the short time between when we get Open beta downloads and registration and the Open beta servers go live.

If half of them just sat don for a second and rationally thought out what is going on there would be far less angry posting and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    While I never had any major problems with GOA during my time in DAoC, I only played on and off for a few months and wasn't experienced with MMO's (not knowing how long "too long" is in patch times/ downtime etc).

A lot of the recent raging and such on WHA is due to not much in the way of contact from the GOA community reps over the past few days, the bonuses of Closed Beta acces and Preview Weekend for North American Collector Edition pre-orders at the last minute (something GOA can't replicate while their servers are still being installed and tested) and doomsaying over the short time between when we get Open beta downloads and registration and the Open beta servers go live.

If half of them just sat don for a second and rationally thought out what is going on there would be far less angry posting and such.
    Indeed. The MMO community is a rabid bunch, you have to take everything they moan about with a pinch of salt. I'm prediciting many many outbursts about the "disgrace" because WAR isn't as complete as WoW is (these outburtsts mainly coming from people who started playing WoW as their first MMO and 2 years after release).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

GOA & DAOC had a lot of problems

For instance, if you have too many Charactors in one zone, the zone would crash and kick everyone. Imagine you are defending a keep with 50 odd people, then the zone crashs and you try and log back in, but by the time you got back in, your keeps been ransacked because no one was their to defend it.. or if you were attacking a keep with the 50 people you need to take the keep and the zone crashes, by the time you log back in (if you got back in) everyone would have been killed or scattered.

Server downtime was a big pain the ass too with little or no warnings

Rollbacks were a pain in the ass, they Rolled back the WHOLE server sometimes, so you could lose a couple of hours XP, or that shiny new Item.

God, this has brought back alot of bad memories..

Another point was that they were abmisal at stopping ANY sort of hacks, Radars or bug abuse.

Add Salt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I can see why warhammer doesnt want to have official forums. All the fansites seem to be full of whiners. Its a pity.

I'm not a fan of flash (I'd go as far as to say I hate it), but if it's good enough for WoW, they should just give it a break. And the whole "this is a disgrace, we need to know exactly what dates X and Y will happen" business is getting annoying. It would be nice to have a sensible forum somewhere that discusses the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hehe kinda funny now with all the complaining of not getting the preview weekend over here that all the Americans are on now because there are over 50,000 participating and about 13,000 spaces on all the servers.

Maybe not having it was a good idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ow please they brought all this "whining" on they have no one to blame but themselves , Crap support already and the game isnt even out. They cant even put information up on the website you have to go searching in some third party fan site to find some answers , they didnt even have the decensie to put a message on the website to inform people you get into (open?)closed beta or what ever it is if you pre order from d2d or ea store yet there being advertised and people are paying for it. Complete farse all around on GoA's half. I canceled my ce a few days ago maybe its still up on play.com if anyones after one i didnt want waste more money on a mmo with ****ty support. :mad:

They send out a news letter saying one thing then tell people ow sorry it was a mistake like who are these idiots they are so un professional i never had this much lack of information when going into a mmo and i dont think anyone wants another failcom experience.

Il wait and see how things are after the game launchs a while which i never usually do i think people are sick of getting ripped off by these mmo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Crap support already and the game isnt even out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Da Bounca wrote: »

It would help mate if you actually gave us reasons as to why you disagree.:)

Advertisement