Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Ultimate

• 20-08-2008 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

What are the main differences between Vista Ultimate and the standard?

Is it worth paying extra for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/default.aspx
    Is it worth paying extra for?
    No. In my opinion Home Premium is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Unless you're planning on eventually having more than 16GB of RAM in 64bit, or joining an active directory domain I wouldn't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You really have to have a need for it to be honest. either the disk encryption the expanded RAM (crazy expanded ram who has 16GB??) or the advanced networking functions like the enhanced remote desktop. No, for the average user Home Premium is plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

as said not worth it all, it was launched with the promise of ultimate extras which have been pretty much none existant, dreamscene and bit locker and a poxy game are all there have been as far as i know :mad:

Lucky for me i got a free copy :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Overheal wrote: »
    You really have to have a need for it to be honest. either the disk encryption the expanded RAM (crazy expanded ram who has 16GB??) or the advanced networking functions like the enhanced remote desktop. No, for the average user Home Premium is plenty.
    for disk encryption you can use www.truecrypt.org

and no version of Vista home has a decent backup program so if you have a machine with a restore disk instead of a proper windows dvd getting your system back up and running as was can be a real pain after a registry crash that stops it booting

• Advertisement
Advertisement