Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Rules: Time for a Rethink?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gordon wrote: »
    Black and Hot, just for you babe.

We're still talking about tea, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Milk, no sugar for me please. Choccy digestives anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hagar wrote: »
    Milk, no sugar for me please. Choccy digestives anyone?

Hobnobs please- tea black, no sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

biko wrote: »

If it upsets the natives then I can stop of course,

Tut tut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry if I came across bad Hagar. When it comes to sigpo work it can feel a bit thankless sometimes. You see the posters doing the same thing over and over again and when I come up with a solution to do something about it I get shot down. Perhaps I should have posted a discussion thread about it first.

I'll stop yellow warning signature offenders and leave that for the SMods.
    Y'all have a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You're doing a thankless job as best you can just like the rest of us, we are all in the same boat.
    You have a good weekend too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Meh, it's not the first nor the last time "natives" have been used as reference to the boards populus.

It's not like I have any power really. The infractions were just warnings (0 points) and limited to 10 days so won't affect anything. It was more a gesture than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

ziggy wrote: »
    Have a bit of respect ziggy whilst speaking to royalty.

Biko/ Prince Phillip, Pighead would like to apologise on ziggy's behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think people are being far to harsh on Biko here. Cut the lad some slack will you please. I know some of you hate being told that your sig is in violation or people going around sending people PMs who sigs violate but lets bare in mind (this is to mods) that you do the exact same thing to posters who misbehave in your forum and you don't like the attitude shown here given to you. The difference being that sigpo is more open to the public. Lets remember that an Smod (even an admin IIRC) has approved the work of Sigpo and signature rules as they are. Those who report signatures, lets remember that users can also report offending posts and you don't call them teachers pets.

At first when I saw Biko doing it I thought it was a bit odd but once he clarified that an Smod was happy for him to ease their workload by issuing warnings to posters who ignored the signature rules and that Smod publicly approved it I saw no problem. He is not infracting a post, or a user within a forum. So mods don't have to worry about another mod stepping in on their "territory" because all he is doing is issuing a yellow card (which many mods have said in Feedback/Help Desk as harmless) to those who ignore the rules in their profile. Not in a post. It does not go against the rule "You cant infract outside your own forum" as technically, he is not infracting a post or within a forum. Mods were told not to issue infractions for offending posts as its up to that forums mods to do it. Biko hasn't ignored that. Biko has approved by Gordon, an smod, to issue a harmless 0 point slap on the wrist yellow card to a PROFILE for only SIGNATURE violations which are IGNORED past the initial warning.

Its a shame that people cant just accept it, grow up and stop with the name calling and general retarded comments towards biko & co.

What about you Sully? Why do you spend half of your boards time reporting sigs on Sigpo?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What about you Sully? Why do you spend half of your boards time reporting sigs on Sigpo?

I dont. If i did it would be for similar reasons that DeV posted earlier.

Sully wrote: »
    I dont. If i did it would be for similar reasons that DeV posted earlier.

I'd strongly disagree. I only started paying attention to sigpo after my sig got nuked because you telltaled on me despite my sig at the time being pretty small by comparison. Funnily enough, biko looked at it, thought nothing of it until you reported it AGAIN about 10 posts later.

Every time I glance in since I've noticed the same thing. Just saying. It's hardly unbiased or objective for you of all people to defend biko since you are so actively involved in sigpo.

I wouldn't even mind as I agree that massive pics/animated sigs shouldn't be allowed but having looked at some of the sigs that get reported it comes across more like the real police in that "quotas" are being met just for the sake of it. Mine was certainly not big and had never received any complaints and yet I got sigpowned then redcarded when I had the gaul to ask why.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

****ing natives...always restless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

RuggieBear wrote: »
    ****ing natives...always restless.

*drinks some tea* oh yes,yes indeed.
    Whats going on-you spud nyomming paddys at eachothers throats like savages again. Oh no. I think we'll have to bring back proper rule to you savages.

All of the above was in a lordly voice.

Meh,sigpo. So they're just helping out smods. Meh.

I've personally found biko to be fair to me. When i had the ultra tidy sig it got reported for having too many pics in it,even though the size was correct. Biko was fair about it.
    Some of the sigpo informants can get too into it yes. Personally i wouldn't agree with yellow carding people outside of a forum.

But,meh to this attacking biko. Blasted savages. Wait till us royals are put in charge. Ho hum.

^_^

Nerin wrote: »
    Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh Meh
    Word of warning Nerin.

If the wind changes you'll turn into a Meh. Wind is forecasted for this weekend so watch out for that.

Pighead: Helping out the community since 2005.

Pighead wrote: »
    Word of warning Nerin.

If the wind changes you'll turn into a Meh. Wind is forecasted for this weekend so watch out for that.

Pighead: Helping out the community since 2005.

warning heeded.
    i google image searched meh.
    lolpossum-meh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

warning heeded.
    i google image searched meh.
    lolpossum-meh.jpg
    oh is it that time? awesome.

funny-pictures-box-cats-are-bored.jpg

Mirror wrote: »
    oh is it that time? awesome.

funny-pictures-box-cats-are-bored.jpg
    probably not, my young skinny yet somehow startling attractive friend.

this thread will probably go back to the debate over new sig rules.
    i would like to see a reasonable increase in size allowed.

• Advertisement

probably not, my young skinny yet somehow startling attractive friend.

this thread will probably go back to the debate over new sig rules.
    i would like to see a reasonable increase in size allowed.
    oh you!:o you're sig can be as big as you like!

i would like to see it increased too. i think a maximum height should be employed, not much more than it is now, for images or multiple lines of text, so the thread flow isn't broken up. but the width/image size(kb) should be increased somewhat.

with regard to the infractions, i don't think the sigpo should be allowed to infract. i'd be more inclined to rectify my sig with a polite message regarding the issue. i think anything after that should be up to the smods/admins.

oh you!:o you're sig can be as big as you like!

i would like to see it increased too. i think a maximum height should be employed, not much more than it is now, for images or multiple lines of text, so the thread flow isn't broken up. but the width/image size(kb) should be increased somewhat.

i like tidy sigs with lots in them like yours.
    I discarded the multiple sig pic thing because people didnt get it. text makes things much clearer :P
    maybe having approx 7-8 lines of text and a space beneath them for images based on font and image size?

I'd strongly disagree. I only started paying attention to sigpo after my sig got nuked because you telltaled on me despite my sig at the time being pretty small by comparison. Funnily enough, biko looked at it, thought nothing of it until you reported it AGAIN about 10 posts later.

Every time I glance in since I've noticed the same thing. Just saying. It's hardly unbiased or objective for you of all people to defend biko since you are so actively involved in sigpo.

You really should get your facts straight before spouting some useless crap like that. I very rarely have the time to help out sigpo and my contributions are very small. Sometimes, like your case, I follow up on reports. You are the only one to continue your winge several months later about me reporting your sig. You are the only one to act like a grade A kid/infant.

According to a search of the thread I reported a MASSIVE SHOCKING AND UNBELIEVABLE 17 signature violations! :rolleyes: How in the name of sweet jesus is that "actively involved in sigpo" which has 3,373 posts most of which are reports. So, to you and those who thanked your posts, I say fair play to you for the research you conducted when deciding to have a winge at me for being "actively involved in sigpo".
    I wouldn't even mind as I agree that massive pics/animated sigs shouldn't be allowed but having looked at some of the sigs that get reported it comes across more like the real police in that "quotas" are being met just for the sake of it. Mine was certainly not big and had never received any complaints and yet I got sigpowned then redcarded when I had the gaul to ask why.

Well if your signature was fine or reasonable then im sure an Smod wouldn't have removed it. But eh, they did, so how about you have a go at them and call them all the names you can think of? If your man enough to have a go at the general sigpo why not have a go at the smods who removed your signature? Why not stalk and hassle them when you get the opportunity?

I trust you will back down and apologise for wrongly accusing me and getting your facts completely arsed.

You really should get your facts straight before spouting some useless crap like that. I very rarely have the time to help out sigpo and my contributions are very small. Sometimes, like your case, I follow up on reports. You are the only one to continue your winge several months later about me reporting your sig. You are the only one to act like a grade A kid/infant.

According to a search of the thread I reported a MASSIVE SHOCKING AND UNBELIEVABLE 6 signature violations! :rolleyes: How in the name of sweet jesus is that "actively involved in sigpo" which has 3,373 posts most of which are reports. So, to you and those who thanked your posts, I say fair play to you for the research you conducted when deciding to have a winge at me for being "actively involved in sigpo".

Well if your signature was fine or reasonable then im sure an Smod wouldn't have removed it. But eh, they did, so how about you have a go at them and call them all the names you can think of? If your man enough to have a go at the general sigpo why not have a go at the smods who removed your signature? Why not stalk and hassle them when you get the opportunity?

I trust you will back down and apologise for wrongly accusing me and getting your facts completely arsed.
    you're the 9th highest poster on the thread of ~320
    Sully wrote:
    You are the only one to act like a grade A kid/infant
    and post reported (again). attack the post, not the poster

you're the 9th highest poster on the thread of ~320

No idea where you came up with that statistic but id hardly call reporting 17 signatures being "active". Considering the site has 11,633,470 posts and 200,520 members at time of posting im a tiny dot, if even visible, on a radar. :rolleyes:

You telltaled on me? :(

Hardly personal abuse to be fair. Over reaction completely!

No idea where you came up with that statistic but id hardly call reporting 6 signatures being "active".

You telltaled on me? :(

Hardly personal abuse to be fair. Over reaction completely!
    i came up with it from the facts. you have 55 posts on that thread.

i came up with it from the facts. you have 55 posts on that thread.

Which contained 6 reported sigs. SHOCK HORROR!

Your statistics have failed you.

No idea where you came up with that statistic but id hardly call reporting 6 signatures being "active".

You have 55 posts in the thread Sully! Three pages worth. Pighead just checked the first page and there's already 13 reported there.

Didn't count the next two pages because frankly the discrepencies between your total of 6 and the actual totals are making Pighead sick.

Which contained 6 reported sigs. SHOCK HORROR!

Your statistics have failed you.
    the point wasn't about the number of reported sigs. it was about you clearly being an active sigpo member. or at least trying to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

Advertisement