Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus options

Options
  • 20-08-2008 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving out to Galway to start working. I've got an apartment sorted out in the docklands, but my job is out in Oranmore. I was wondering if any of you might know the different options for getting out there and back? I intend to get myself set up with a car in a few months but I need to earn some money first! :P
    So, what would the options be? Are there regular busses or mini busses? Where do they leave from, when and how much? Whats the general story with public transport in the beautiful city of Galway? Would it be realistic to do it on a (push) bike?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Just outside the rail station I think you'll find the oranmore bus ? Any dublin bus will stop in oranmore as well ... as will cork ... and so on ..

(not sure what the best value option is) I do know there is a regular on the hour ? bus service as well (at least I think there is)

Edit: I should add ... I don't think you really want to do that cycle with the weather (it'd be an option but would take you about 30 - 40 minutes at a guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Check out the rideshare thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yeah i worked out in oranmore and got the 7:00 bus out 5:00 back. Im not sure if its every hour or every half hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deeringc

Thanks guys! So there is a Bus Eireann bus that leaves from the train station on the hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

deeringc wrote: »
    Thanks guys! So there is a Bus Eireann bus that leaves from the train station on the hour?
    The hourly bus to Limerick (Cork if you don't see the Limerick one, usually very early in the morning) will get you to Oranmore. Leaves at five past every hour from 7 or 8 am (not sure) and last one at 8 pm. Also a bus leaving at 5:30 pm to Gort which will stop there.

There's also a shuttle service but I'm not familiar with its timetable at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deeringc

ethernet wrote: »
    The hourly bus to Limerick (Cork if you don't see the Limerick one, usually very early in the morning) will get you to Oranmore. Leaves at five past every hour from 7 or 8 am (not sure) and last one at 8 pm. Also a bus leaving at 5:30 pm to Gort which will stop there.

There's also a shuttle service but I'm not familiar with its timetable at all.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go into bus station and ask. You can get timetables too there.

Advertisement