Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colm & Jim Jim Vs Strawberry Alarm Clock.

• 20-08-2008 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

So... JNLR's are due tomorrow and it's made me wonder who the listeners prefer more... Colm & Jim Jim or Jim & Niamh??

Personally, Colm & Jim Jim don't cut it for me since they left 104 and I think the Strawberry Alarm Clock has actually gotten very funny of late.

Who would you rather listen to in the morning's... And why???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'd rather listen to Colm and Jim-Jim. I never could get into Jim and Niamh.

Fair play to them. They're good at what they do, and if I had to listen to them, I would. Quite happily.

But when I'm listening to them, I just think "What else is on?" and then switch off. Also, I think that Jim and Niamh are doing a show that colm and Jim-Jim made Great.

It's not that I don't like them, I just have priority for Colm and Jim-Jim. (If I'm at home I have Priority for Chris Moyles):)

Saying that, Even C & J-J didn't do it or me when they left fo 2Fm. Only recently I've started listening/Downloading podcasts again. It took a while for them to get back to themselves.

They're always good for a giggle in the morning.

What do you think's wrong with them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I like colm and Jim-Jim but i have been listen to the strawberries since they have been on holidays. Its a good show but i think they have made no attempt to change the show after the other two left

i have been listen to Colm Hayes for well over 10 years now (i think), so i am probably listening to him out of habit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

just curious what the going rate is for a 5min ad at 8:30 on the colm and jim-jim show on 2fm these days?

Singing "insure.ie" for 5 minutes every morning is pretty appalling imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sorry guys I can't understand how anyone can listen to these two. Morning radio really has decayed. Thankfully I just put on Morning Ireland to start the day and it's a great place to start. Gollum and Dim Dim more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

Going on JNLR figures The Strawberry Alarm Clock is on the way up... 94'000 Dubliners can't be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

lampydoo wrote: »
    Going on JNLR figures The Strawberry Alarm Clock is on the way up... 94'000 Dubliners can't be wrong.

What did the brutal trio get on 98FM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 buzzbomb

Badabing wrote: »

brutal trio were up in the ratings as well - the new Strawberry were up more though!

Only disappointment for 104 was 7-9pm - not a great showing for Benjy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Did 104 not recently (within the last two books anyway?) increase the phoneshow?

So therefore with 30 mins less, 7 to 9 may not have been down at all if the shows duration has decreased? Just an idea, I could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just for the record its Boring Ireland not Morning Ireland. Not the same since Vincent Hanley retired. ;)

And for the other record Colm and Jim Jim are up 19,000. SOoooo for all that hate them there's alot the like them. I for one believe the sponsor deal with Halifax restricted what they could do with jingles etc for their first year. It still needs a tweek between 7 and half seven. I just can't listen to that womans voice anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Badabing wrote: »

I think the Morning crew are good. Except for that Chick Siobhan. She doesn't suit the show and is somewhat annoying.

What's wrong with the show?

Where can i see the JNLR's for specific shows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

I think the Collm & JJ show and the Strawberry Alarm Clock are equally as bad.

Niamh on The Strawberry is just plain unfunny and constantly on about how "mad" she is. The guy Jim seems alright but is always very poorly reserached for any interviews he does.

Whereas the other two I never liked, every sketch they do they always do it in whiney Dublin accent - just not funny lads.

Mind you there's not much of choice, maybe Tom Dunne's new show might shake things up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Celtic67 wrote: »
    Mind you there's not much of choice, maybe Tom Dunne's new show might shake things up a bit.

Tom Dunne's not on a breakfast show though ... he's mid-morning.

Advertisement