Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The attitude on Boards.ie

Options
  • 20-08-2008 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I've been on the internet for a long time. Ive seen many things from both the schphincter of the internets to the nicer side of programming tutition and social networking.

But i see a huge problem on boards.ie

The attituide by most users is "Political Correctness or Out". (PCO i guess)

A typical attitude from the Irish i guess, who seem to have a massive problem with semi-constuctive points, they aren't to be taken as insult. Especially from someone who isn't involved
    and then as soon as someone stamps on the poster they get thanks for it.

A prime example
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360398

here, i lighthartedly stated what the OP should do, a real piece of advice.
    And i get trampled on.
    Oh and reported, for a personal comment, which i clearly didnt make. They had no grounds which i could see to report me, and seemed to do some modding...
    (If some one can PM me for what i did, mods, janitors etc? would be appreciated)

Lighten up a little bit no?
    Anyone else feel the same "Im just here to report someone else for a bad post"
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

O hai .o/

Simply put, if you want to be lighthearted, post in one of the light hearted fora.

Nobody found you amusing, as the thanks for my post would imply, and the OP didn't appreciate it either.

Enjoy the flaming and lolcats though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Junior #8 wrote: »
    I've been on the internet for a long time. Ive seen many things from both the schphincter of the internets to the nicer side of programming tutition and social networking.
    I have reviewed your resume. Thank you. I may continue to read your post now. Serious business lies ahead.

Needs more BOLD AND CAPS. I just don't feel the hugeness of it all.

The attituide by most users is "Political Correctness or Out". (PCO i guess)

A typical attitude from the Irish i guess, ...

A prime example
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360398

Okay. We're on to the mate 'n' bowens of your little rant: you base your opinion that Irish people and particularly boards.ie members need to "lighten up" because you got a slap on the wrist for your behaviour in PI? PI is very strictly moderated. A little bit of your extensive time and brilliant ability to view the vastness that is the Interweb would have told you that your post wouldn't be welcome. May I suggest that you read the charter and forum contents before posting again? This suggestion applies to all fora.

Thank you for time. I'll be in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

O hai .o/
    oh, right.
    I hope you enjoyed proving my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Roflcakes indeed!If anything theres a large anti pc contingent on boards,but how and ever the nature of society is such that not everyone agrees.Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

The thread you posted in is in the Personal Issues forum. People go there with their problems and don't deserve to have the piss taken out of their situation. There's plenty of other fora here for piss-taking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

The Mods are ok its just some of the posters that get my goat sometimes
    Heres a pic of what i'd like to do to them

gun2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

oh, right.
    I hope you enjoyed proving my point.

Can I Haz Cheezburgerz?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Without a tight rein in Personal Issues, comments could be potentially devastating to people who are seriously looking for help. The OP of that thread is a potential bullying situation, and your comments were unhelpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Karoma wrote: »

I lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Agamemnon wrote: »
    The thread you posted in is in the Personal Issues forum. People go there with their problems and don't deserve to have the piss taken out of their situation. There's plenty of other fora here for piss-taking.

+1

OP, keep that kinda "joking" out of personal issues - it's where people post stuff that's really bothering them and they need help with, and posts like yours are unhelpful..

I mean, imagine how bummed out a person would have to be about a situation to go posting it somewhere like there, and you just go and take the piss - not cool imo.

Plus, your post wasn't funny.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I lol.

Don't lol. The OP will race off to PI to post about their inadequacy and resulting lol'ing and then someone will take the piss and get a slap on the wrist and post in Feedback and the cycle will continue. If you don't copy this post 8 times, your friends will die. All none of them.

Damn

Are we on the second page yet

Don't lol. The OP will race off to PI to post about their inadequacy and resulting lol'ing and then someone will take the piss and get a slap on the wrist and post in Feedback and the cycle will continue. If you don't copy this post 8 times, your friends will die. All none of them.

Damn my lack of thanks!!
    ntlbell wrote: »
    Are we on the second page yet

As the subject of the thread (for the most part) I hereby condone lolcats. But only funny ones.

Agamemnon wrote: »
    which was not my intention. As you can clearly tell the entire rest of the following posts were exactly what i had said.
    O hai .o/

Simply put, if you want to be lighthearted, post in one of the light hearted fora.

Nobody found you amusing, as the thanks for my post would imply, and the OP didn't appreciate it either.

Enjoy the flaming and lolcats though smile.gif

Did i seem to be amusing? did i look for any laughs?
    was my advice correct? Do you even realise where you get your meme-infested comments from?

Bandwagons and high horses for you my friend....

As for ANTI PC, this board is incredibly conforming.
    I need not state why.
    Howandever, i feel that boards.ie has some uses, but maybe the attitude of its users need to have an eye-opening trawl of the internet.
    I'm not just talking about this post aforementioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Jeez OP what were you thinking posting like that in PI??
    The poor girl needs some good advice!
    There's a time and a place. NOT IN PI!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hey Junior,

All the op's are correct, personal issues is a senstive form, keep out of there if you can't be of any benifit to the poster....
    Take your infraction on the cheek and be nice to people who are upset...

Head off to After Hours or the Cuckoos Nest......there more suited to light hearted banter...

p.s
    I'm guessing you still haven't got your first Ban:D

staker wrote: »
    Jeez OP what were you thinking posting like that in PI??
    The poor girl needs some good advice!
    There's a time and a place. NOT IN PI!
    Thanks for trolling.

Otherwise was i correct or incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Buddy I just read the thread you linked too to see what you were on about. The only attitude and the only problem I see are both yours. After reading the posts you made in that personal issues thread I have no interest in anything furthur you have to say.

As was pointed out by another poster in that thread please go away and grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I have reviewed your resume. Thank you. I may continue to read your post now. Serious business lies ahead.

Okay. We're on to the mate 'n' bowens of your little rant: you base your opinion that Irish people and particularly boards.ie members need to "lighten up" because you got a slap on the wrist for your behaviour in PI? PI is very strictly moderated. A little bit of your extensive time and brilliant ability to view the vastness that is the Interweb would have told you that your post wouldn't be welcome. May I suggest that you read the charter and forum contents before posting again? This suggestion applies to all fora.

Thank you for time. I'll be in touch.

I wouldn't have posted on this thread if it wasn't for this. ****ing A. Thx for the laugh Karoma. :D

EDIT:I hope Junior 8 appreciated the light heartedness, ROR

• Advertisement

422nd wrote: »
    I wouldn't have posted on this thread if it wasn't for this. ****ing A. Thx for the laugh Karoma. :D
    This is exactly what im talking about.
    Just constant having a go.
    PM THEM IF YOU THINK ITS THAT FUNNY
    cheers!

which was not my intention. As you can clearly tell the entire rest of the following posts were exactly what i had said.

I beg to differ. There was an articulated truck load of cop on in EVERYBODY else's advice. You might say they were more articulate.
    Did i seem to be amusing? did i look for any laughs? was my advice correct? Do you even realise where you get your meme-infested comments from?

Says the guy who used the steps-to-profit meme :rolleyes:

I need not state why.
    Howandever, i feel that boards.ie has some uses, but maybe the attitude of its users need to have an eye-opening trawl of the internet.

Back to stormf!^*$ with you so.

cheers!

pm sent

Did i seem to be amusing?
    No.
    Then would sir care to point out some more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Thanks for trolling.

Otherwise was i correct or incorrect?

My pleasure.
    Otherwise, I didn't find it funny.
    Correct or incorrect, doesn't bother me.

cheers!
    PM sent.

EDIT: damn you ntlbell :pac:

. After reading the posts you made in that personal issues thread I have no interest in anything furthur you have to say.

As was pointed out by another poster in that thread please go away and grow up.
    Why did you need to write this post?
    If you have nothin further to say try a different thread? (btw im not being personal here)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Did i seem to be amusing? did i look for any laughs?
    was my advice correct? Do you even realise where you get your meme-infested comments from?

I need not state why.

Look man - posts like that aren't cool in the persolan issues section. End of.

Get to know the lay of the land before complaining - now I suggest spending more of your time in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dear Junior #8 you have not seemed to grasp the concepts that while the differnt fora on this site all have the same basic rules they can also have additional rules.
    The personal issues fora has the stricted set of sub rules of any of other public forums.
    This does not apply to the rest of the forums here, do take the time to read the chartes and chect that is permissible in forums before posting.

Now thank you for bringing that thread to my notice I am going to go sort it and you out now.

• Advertisement

PM sent.

EDIT: damn you ntlbell :pac:

sheep :rolleyes::pac::p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement