Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The attitude on Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Given your attitude I highly doubt it
    Give me an example.
    Oh and be sure to read my OP
    All the Best,
    Junior #8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Any one want some pop corn ???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Junior #8 wrote: »
    [BOLD]YES I DO.[/BOLD]
    you just dont see it,

Show us it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

gcgirl wrote: »
    Please!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Junior #8 you have only looked at the most pc and strictly modded section of the site.
    I suggest you go read http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484 for balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

gcgirl wrote: »

funny-pictures-glowing-cat-tinkerbe.jpg

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Junior #8 you have only looked at the most pc and strictly modded section of the site.
    I suggest you go read http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484 for balance.
    I've been looking through boards for a long time....
    and yes i've been reading it this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

MizzLolly wrote: »
    funny-pictures-glowing-cat-tinkerbe.jpg

I have a friend who's Tinker's Belle :D

Or could it be another Georgina Ahern snap LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Give me an example.
    Oh and be sure to read my OP
    All the Best,
    Junior #8
    I think possibly you should read your opening post.

You broke the rules of a forum and got caught. And as a protest you complain about "the attitude" of Boards, as if we're all one entity. Why bother? You thought you were being funny and you weren't. People here aren't ripping the piss out of you because they're following a trend. Have you noticed you're the only one on your side? Does this mean that you're the only one that's right?

Seriously, I hope to f*ck you're trolling because if you're serious it means the Creationists were right, as there's no way millions of years of evolution can result in someone that stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

humanji wrote: »

You broke the rules of a forum and got caught. And as a protest you complain about "the attitude" of Boards, as if we're all one entity. Why bother? You thought you were being funny and you weren't. People here aren't ripping the piss out of you because they're following a trend. Have you noticed you're the only one on your side? Does this mean that you're the only one that's right?

Seriously, I hope to f*ck you're trolling because if you're serious it means the Creationists were right, as there's no way millions of years of evolution can result in someone that stupid.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............. I've used up all of my thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Ok ok.
    Let's not all get carried away here.
    "This is what I need, this is what it's gonna take, this is what it's gonna take"- Green Day, bullet in a bible, live album, lol, sorry, listened to it today. Anywho, I would like you, Junior, to please sumarise your original point. This is your second chance, don't waste it! What is your point of this evening, not just a link to that first rant back on page one!

humanji wrote: »

Im not talking about the one thread.
    Its an overall feeling about the entirity of boards.ie, (my last thing in quotes on the post)
    CAN I SAY IT AGAIN I DIDN'T MEAN ANY HUMOUR.
    I'm not that stupid, ive been both serious and otherwise.
    as for me on my own, if its true thats a shame.
    Oh, and i don't think i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Im not talking about the one thread.
    Its an overall feeling about the entirity of boards.ie, (my last thing in quotes on the post)
    CAN I SAY IT AGAIN I DIDN'T MEAN ANY HUMOUR.
    I'm not that stupid, ive been both serious and otherwise.
    as for me on my own, if its true thats a shame.
    Oh, and i don't think i am
    1.Start feedback thread
    2.Get flamed
    3.FAIL
    4.?????
    5.PROFIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There is an attitude problem on boards.

Luckily the mods tend to deal with them pretty quickly.

422nd wrote: »
    Ok ok.
    Let's not all get carried away here.
    "This is what I need, this is what it's gonna take, this is what it's gonna take"- Green Day, bullet in a bible, live album, lol, sorry, listened to it today. Anywho, I would like you, Junior, to please sumarise your original point. This is your second chance, don't waste it! What is your point of this evening, not just a link to that first rant back on page one!

Looks like a have a listener, finally, rather than a shouter.

Firstly I just wanted to state that there is a negitive attiude on boards.ie, as if everyone is out to have a go at everyone else, and if someone is wrong on something they are turned on (as you've seen to the detrement of both me and the posted. People had turned on me so fast that i nearly didn't pull it off.)
    Ok, what i said was out of line in the entire context of the PI board, but ive seen counless times of people just hurling abuse. I admit it.

The problem is....
    People not taking a different view on posts, rather than reading the post and having a different view on the whole thing they go straight for the holster. PC comments are rife in the Motors board, meanwhile the GAA and other threads are just everyone out to pick apart comments. Thats all. My OP link was possibly a bad one as an example.

tl;dr read post, see outside your thinking and moral "box" and don't be quick to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

here, i lighthartedly stated what the OP should do, a real piece of advice.
    And i get trampled on.
    Was the post on PI that Junior got banned for deleted?

For reasons previously explained I wanted to know why other posters were not happy with Junior's post which he refered to, to which I get this:
    Now now...is that really your business?

which might contradict this?
    tut tut, some are just too quick to insult......before they can even see it themselves......

Im just highlighting your attitude as suggested. I didnt ask to be smart - seems to me you yourself might be jumping to conclusions here.

Perhaps though as your OP states its not just other posters who fall victim to
    A typical attitude from the Irish i guess, who seem to have a massive problem with semi-constuctive points, they aren't to be taken as insult.

tl;dr read post, see outside your thinking and moral "box" and don't be quick to abuse.

LOLCAT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'M on your side, Junior #8.

<3

Talliesin wrote: »
    There is an attitude problem on boards.

Luckily the mods tend to deal with them pretty quickly.
    And this is another point....for example the GAA and Soccer boards are notoriously b&ing people for comments that are sometime true or at least agreed with.
    Taking sides shud be a cautious task,
    hopefully the person that posted the comment just quoted isn't also having a go at me, and has an open-mind.
    I hope.
    But from this thread i doubt it

• Advertisement

Talliesin is one of the soundest posters and ex-mods on boards, I don't believe he's poking fun at you.

Off topic, how do you pronounce Talliesin. In my mind it always sounds a little like sneezy!

LOLCAT.jpg
    someone is really goin to town on the whole lolcats thing.

And this is another point....for example the GAA and Soccer boards are notoriously b&ing people for comments that are sometime true or at least agreed with.
    Taking sides shud be a cautious task,
    hopefully the person that posted the comment just quoted isn't also having a go at me, and has an open-mind.
    I hope.
    But from this thread i doubt it
    How is it that you can find a corellation between people who have an open mind and people who can follow simple and sensible rules on a message board?

Talliesin is one of the soundest posters and ex-mods on boards, I don't believe he's poking fun at you.

Off topic, how do you pronounce Talliesin. In my mind it always sounds a little like sneezy!
    I believe you....
    Even tho you were having quite a go at me earlier....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I've been looking through boards for a long time....
    and yes i've been reading it this evening.

and yet you still don't get it, ah well you can lead a horse to water....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

A prime example
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360398

here, i lighthartedly stated what the OP should do, a real piece of advice.
    And i get trampled on.
    your comments have been deleted and I didn't read them, so I don't know what you said exactly.
    But you use the word "lightheartedly" which tells me all I need to know.

For fcuk sake, the thread was about a 15 year old girl being bullied - why would you "lightheartedly" say anything? PI is a serious forum, "lighthearted" answers don't belong there.

Oh and btw anyone who uses the phrase "sphincter of the internet" is destined for EPIC FAIL.

How is it that you can find a corellation between people who have an open mind and people who can follow simple and sensible rules on a message board?

AGAIN????
    I'll let you answer that one...

Where is the lolcat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Well, strictly since it's mis-spelling a Welsh name you should do that HW sound that Welsh has for double-Ls.

However, that would then break the connection with the proper spelling of the name, so just pronounce it like Taliesin is pronounced.

AGAIN????
    I'll let you answer that one...

Where is the lolcat?
    -1 saving throw on MY FCUKING BRAIN!!

I can go back to lolcats, but I asked a simple question and your response is beyond senseless. Make an effort if you're going to try and fight your corner.

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote: »
    Well, strictly since it's mis-spelling a Welsh name you should do that HW sound that Welsh has for double-Ls.

However, that would then break the connection with the proper spelling of the name, so just pronounce it like Taliesin is pronounced.

Thank you sir...................... though I'm still no wiser...... don't worry though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement