Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The attitude on Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

/ˌtæliˈɛsɪn/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Thaedydal wrote: »
    and yet you still don't get it, ah well you can lead a horse to water....
    Now your not making any sense, care to explain what you mean?
    And it seems your having another go at me....

square_igloo, read a few posts ago of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, your post may not have been intended as humorous but it was deemed inappropriate for Personal Issues and looked very much as if you were making light of things. Then you got defensive when it was pointed out to you, which was only gonna make things worse.

It's a pain in the hole when accusations of "overly PC" are thrown around here. Complete and utter bull**** and a misunderstanding of what politically correct means.

Zero tolerance of jokey (you say it wasn't intended as such but it sure looked that way) comments on Personal Issues threads is not "PC", it's very much appropriate, given the type of forum it is.

Anyway, how exactly would you define "PC"?

Also, people are NOT jumping on the bandwagon here - there are times when that happens, but this is not one such case.

Nobody's having a go at you.

We're all finding your idiotic posts provoke a mixture of ire, frustration but mainly humour, and are laughing at you, but it's not personal.

-1 saving throw on MY FCUKING BRAIN!!

I can go back to lolcats, but I asked a simple question and your response is beyond senseless. Make an effort if you're going to try and fight your corner.

no matter how i answer your going to throw it back at me...I dont feed trolls.

get me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Talliesin wrote: »

We're all finding your idiotic posts provoke a mixture of ire, frustration but mainly humour, and are laughing at you, but it's not personal.
    If all the raindrops were lemondrops and thanks, I'd give them all to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

+1 :D

Junior #8 wrote: »
    no matter how i answer your going to throw it back at me...I dont feed trolls.

get me?
    No.

Grammar fail.

So you're just going to ignore my question then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thank you sir...................... though I'm still no wiser...... don't worry though!

Find me at a beers and I will tell you.

Junior #8 again you seem to have a rather skewed idea of what having ago is,
    so which is it you want, this place to be pc and no one have a go at you ?
    or this place not to be pc and for people to explain what is personal abuse such as suggesting you go suck my cóck and what isn't such as you don't seem to 'get' boards and it's diversity ?

Firstly, maybe you should speak for yourself?
    Come back to me when you realise what my original post was getting at, rather than tearing apart the parts i've had to deal with thusfar.
    Dunno where the humour comes from tho. I haven't tries to be funny thus far, but a comedian is not something i want to be either.

• Advertisement

No.

Grammar fail.

So you're just going to ignore my question then?
    You're easily distracted eh?
    Yes for the fact i cant take you seriously i'm not going to answer it?
    Does that annoy you?
    Sure ya don't even want an answer anyway

You're easily distracted eh?
    Yes for the fact i cant take you seriously i'm not going to answer it?
    Does that annoy you?
    Sure ya don't even want an answer anyway
    Well look at that, he learns good.

Come back to me when you realise what my original post was getting at, rather than tearing apart the parts i've had to deal with thusfar.
    Dunno where the humour comes from tho. I haven't tries to be funny thus far, but a comedian is not something i want to be either.

If you had tried to be funny we wouldn't be laughing, what you need to take note of here is the difference between laughing with some one, like a comedian who is intentionally funny, and laughing at some one, such as an idiot, played by yourself in this case. :D

I mastered basic English comprehension skills back in primary school, and have read this thread.

People are a bit annoyed at you, but mostly they think its funny.

You know that bit in Goodfellas where Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) asks "I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?" He was pretending to believe that Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) thought he was like you are being here, and therefore taking understandable offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Junior #8 wrote:
    square_igloo, read a few posts ago of mine.
    Oh how could I resist such a joyous proposition?

Alrighty then.......
    Firstly I just wanted to state that there is a negitive attiude on boards.ie, as if everyone is out to have a go at everyone else, and if someone is wrong on something they are turned on (as you've seen to the detrement of both me and the posted. People had turned on me so fast that i nearly didn't pull it off.)
    This "negative attitude" only comes into play when people start acting like twats. There are plenty of fora where there's virtually no negativity - Cuckoo's Nest and The Nocturnal Forum to give just two examples.
    Junior #8 wrote:
    Ok, what i said was out of line in the entire context of the PI board, but ive seen counless times of people just hurling abuse. I admit it.
    So because other posters are hurling abuse, that gives you the right to post things where they don't belong as long as they're "light-hearted"? Is that what you're saying? If so, then that's a pathetic defence.
    If people hurl personal abuse on ANY forum, a Mod will pick up on it and wave the banstick.
    Junior #8 wrote:
    The problem is....
    People not taking a different view on posts, rather than reading the post and having a different view on the whole thing they go straight for the holster. PC comments are rife in the Motors board, meanwhile the GAA and other threads are just everyone out to pick apart comments. Thats all. My OP link was possibly a bad one as an example.
    Oh jeez, you expect people to sit back and view every single comment from your perspective?
    OK then, I'll consider the viewpoint that your posts in this thread have been logical and insightful, and that you actually have a point....

OK done. I've considered that viewpoint and am rejecting it.
    In favour of my own original viewpoint, which goes as follows:
    "Your posts in this thread are ****"

Happy?

suck my cóck and what isn't such as you don't ?

I really dont want to...
    Thats some really grown up talk from a "Moderator"
    I listen to everyone, and take thier view on board (excuse pun)
    For all:
    1. Everyone lighten up
    2. Don't be so quick to hurl abuse
    3. Don't be so quick to fire darts
    4. Take in everyones point
    5. Political correctness has its place
    6. Admit when something is out of line (btw i did in earlier post)
    7. ?????
    8. PROFIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

try "you're"
    All The Best,
    Junior #8

PMSL!!!!!! Oh that is classic!!!!!!!!!

Try typing that into a Word document and using grammar check. I think th word you are looking for and may eventually find is "your"

"you're ma" means "you are ma".. makes as much sense as anything else you've posted though I suppose...

Well look at that, he learns good.

This is exactly the type that shouldn't be on boards.ie
    Quick to react and throw darts
    (This doesn't mean you shouldn't be on boards, just your type)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

For all:
    1. Everyone lighten up
    7. ?????
    8. PROFIT

LOL

who007 wrote: »
    PMSL!!!!!! Oh that is classic!!!!!!!!!

Try typing that into a Word document and using grammar check. I think th word you are looking for and may eventually find is "your"

"you're ma" means "you are ma".. makes as much sense as anything else you've posted though I suppose...

And your all still proving my point!!!
    he clearly didnt read the following post i made...

Do you know what a troll is?

• Advertisement

I really dont want to...
    For all:
    1. Everyone lighten up
    7. ?????
    8. PROFIT
    What has political correctness actually got to do with this thread? What is your understanding of this term. Please note it is not a term that is open to interpretation, it has very specific meaning, I'm just curious as to what you think it is.

I really dont want to...
    For all:
    1. Everyone lighten up
    7. ?????
    8. PROFIT

1. STFU
    2. GTFO
    3. ?????
    4. PROFIT

:D

This is exactly the type that shouldn't be on boards.ie
    Quick to react and throw darts
    (This doesn't mean you shouldn't be on boards, just your type)
    What age are you? Seriously? This is not a rhetorical question, nor sarcasm.

I mastered basic English comprehension skills back in primary school, and have read this thread.

People are a bit annoyed at you, but mostly they think its funny.

You know that bit in Goodfellas where Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) asks "I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?" He was pretending to believe that Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) thought he was like you are being here, and therefore taking understandable offence.

Thats why hes not a good person.....and he ends up whacked too.....goes around comes around i guess.
    The annoyance of people is because of arrogance. Not reading what they feel and throwning darts (or in this case shooting, sometimes in the foot.)

I'M CONFIDENT I KNOW WHAT A COMEDIAN IS.

AND LIGHTEN UP EVERYONE IT'S THAT ATTITUDE I'M TALKING ABOUT

AND LIGHTEN UP EVERYONE IT'S THAT ATTITUDE I'M TALKING ABOUT

Who's not being light? We're all just trying to have a bit of banter at your expense and you're wrecking all our buzz :(

What has political correctness actually got to do with this thread? What is your understanding of this term. Please note it is not a term that is open to interpretation, it has very specific meaning, I'm just curious as to what you think it is.

Its to do with vocabulary....not political correctness in this case...
    There are a number of dictionaries online, or you can go to your nearest bookshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

MizzLolly wrote: »
    You and that other fella who had a crack at her for her spelling were not helpful, at all. She's only 15 ffs! :rolleyes:

Precisely the time at which she should be learning correct spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Only if you promise not to hit me. :pac:

OK done. I've considered that viewpoint and am rejecting it.
    In favour of my own original viewpoint, which goes as follows:
    "Your posts in this thread are ****"

Happy?
    Partially.
    I'm glad you read it. But i'm talking about the entirity of the board, not just where you go.
    And your lack of understanding at what i mean, really does prove people need to be less closed minded, bandwagon anyone?
    I've heard this before.
    You have your opinion to reject what i said, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong.
    NEXT

• Advertisement

Only if you promise not to hit me. :pac:
    Or suck me off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement