Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The attitude on Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Who's not being light? We're all just trying to have a bit of banter at your expense and you're wrecking all our buzz :(
    lol
    your obviously new here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

FruitLover wrote: »
    Precisely the time at which she should be learning correct spelling.
    And you would post in a PI thread she started, to take the piss out of her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Junior #8 wrote: »
    And your all still proving my point!!!
    he clearly didnt read the following post i made...

Do you know what a troll is?

What point?

And you keep saying we are to consider the point you were trying to make on the other thread, yet you won't tell those who ask what it was? I would guess you are embarrassed about it maybe and trying to muddy the water with all the other Ronnie Corbett style story telling...

This thread has indeed been a mixture of humour and distaste!

lol
    your obviously new here
    Obviously :rolleyes:

who007 wrote: »
    What point?

And you keep saying we are to consider the point you were trying to make on the other thread, yet you won't tell those who ask what it was? I would guess you are embarrassed about it maybe and trying to muddy the water with all the other Ronnie Corbett style story telling...

This thread has indeed been a mixture of humour and distaste!

Both the posts i refer to are in this thread. You "clearly" haven't read it.

• Advertisement

Obviously :rolleyes:
    better....6/10

better....6/10
    Your mother rates me better. <3 her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Only if you promise not to hit me. :pac:

I don't hit people at boards beers, I have kicked a few in the shins mind.
    You are a stranger to me and my Grandmother would haunt me if I could not be civil to anyone in a social setting unless extremely provoked.

Both the posts i refer to are in this thread. You "clearly" haven't read it.

Jeeeez... how can I read it? As someone pointed out long ago on this thread it has been removed from the original thread! Someone asked you what it was and you said it was none of their business, yet your entire thread hinges on what that original posting was.

If you are that certain you are in the right why don't you tell us what it was you said? Cos just going on your posts here you would be harshly judged.

Yes I know what a troll is.. and I am starting to think I am talkin to one!

Your mother rates me better. <3 her
    7/10, but getting more off-topic, dont think admins would like this continued

• Advertisement

Convenient exit....

Jeeeez... how can I read it? As someone pointed out long ago on this thread it has been removed from the original thread! Someone asked you what it was and you said it was none of their business, yet your entire thread hinges on what that original posting was.

If you are that certain you are in the right why don't you tell us what it was you said? Cos just going on your posts here you would be harshly judged.

Yes I know what a troll is.. and I am starting to think I am talkin to one!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360461&page=10

You too are not seeing my OP...and thats what starting a thread is all about btw.

You seem to be blind to the fact that nobody knows what the topic is anymore. People keep asking you, and you keep failing to respond adequately.

You seem to be blind to the fact that nobody knows what the topic is anymore. People keep asking you, and you keep failing to respond adequately.
    original point
    and

You too are not seeing my OP...and thats what starting a thread is all about btw.

Oh FFS!!! I just said I couldn't see your OP! Why can't you just state here what it was? There's no point continually posting that link... your post was removed!!

Yoouuuurrr pooossstttt waaaaaas remmmMMoooOOOOOOveddd...

r.e.m.o.v.e.d.

gone, disappeared, deleted.
    WE CAN'T SEE IT!

Just frickin tell us if you insist it was so inoffensive! Sheeessh!

For reasons previously explained I wanted to know why other posters were not happy with Junior's post which he refered to, to which I get this:

which might contradict this?

Im just highlighting your attitude as suggested. I didnt ask to be smart - seems to me you yourself might be jumping to conclusions here.

Perhaps though as your OP states its not just other posters who fall victim to

The point there is that my b& was none of her business....take no more from it

Ah, adolescence... such a tough time - the chap is prob just confused by life and.. everything. I'm sure as his vocabulary increases he may eventually be able to get what's in his head across to other people...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

And your lack of understanding at what i mean, really does prove people need to be less closed minded, bandwagon anyone?
    I've heard this before.
    I read your post, quoted it and replied to it.
    I am an open-minded person. I assure you I'm not jumping on any bandwagon.
    I think what you're saying is a heap of ****, and I'm letting you know that I think it's a heap of ****.
    Just because I disagree with you does NOT make me close minded.
    Can you understand that?
    Junior #8 wrote:
    You have your opinion to reject what i said, but that doesn't mean i'm wrong.
    NEXT
    And you're entitled to your opinion. I think your opinion is idiotic but nonetheless you're entitled to it. Isn't that just super?

Now let's forget all our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice-cream.....

Oh FFS!!! I just said I couldn't see your OP! Why can't you just state here what it was? There's no point continually posting that link... your post was removed!!

Yoouuuurrr pooossstttt waaaaaas remmmMMoooOOOOOOveddd...

r.e.m.o.v.e.d.

gone, disappeared, deleted.
    WE CAN'T SEE IT!

Just frickin tell us if you insist it was so inoffensive! Sheeessh!
    1. Calm down
    2. I didn't know it had been removed
    3. It went like this post.
    4. It involved me telling a girl to go to a parent guardian and sort the problem
    5. ?????
    6. PROFIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh dear... Maybe stop posting now.

• Advertisement

I read your post, quoted it and replied to it.
    I am an open-minded person. I assure you I'm not jumping on any bandwagon.
    I think what you're saying is a heap of ****, and I'm letting you know that I think it's a heap of ****.
    Just because I disagree with you does NOT make me close minded.
    Can you understand that?

And you're entitled to your opinion. I think your opinion is idiotic but nonetheless you're entitled to it. Isn't that just super?

Now let's forget all our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice-cream.....
    ok, so your not closed minded, i get it, I would like clarification of how my point is idiotic. Please?

2. I didn't know it had been removed

4. It involved me telling a girl to go to a parent guardian and sort the problem

2. You've been told at least 3 times

4. I doubt it!

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh dear... Maybe stop posting now.
    The post i just made was a joke btw....(*hopes mod is not like the rest of them*)

2. You've been told at least 3 times

4. I doubt it!

Been replying so didnt see it, didnt realise what they were on about.

And ask an admin what i wrote. I can assure you ive told the truth/

I've been on the internet for a long time. Ive seen many things from both the schphincter of the internets to the nicer side of programming tutition and social networking.

Social networks and sphincters are right out. Every 14 year old is on bebo and has seen tubgirl.
    But i see a huge problem on boards.ie

Lots of people see problems on boards.ie. There's 2-3 threads a week just like this.
    The attituide by most users is "Political Correctness or Out". (PCO i guess)

Very untrue. See threads re:Romas for example. You're here because of a thread from the single most PC forum on boards.ie, except for Politics. Maybe.
    A typical attitude from the Irish i guess, who seem to have a massive problem with semi-constuctive points, they aren't to be taken as insult.

What one person considers constructive another might consider detrimental. It's completely subjective.
    Especially from someone who isn't involved and then as soon as someone stamps on the poster they get thanks for it.

You've acknowledged you were wrong, I was thanked for pointing this out. FYI I was also wrong in doing so, I should have simply reported your posts and not responded on thread. I was infracted for this, but I'm not bitching about it and shouting off about political correctness, which is completely irrelevant.
    A prime example
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055360398

here, i lighthartedly stated what the OP should do, a real piece of advice.

And i get trampled on.
    Oh and reported, for a personal comment, which i clearly didnt make. They had no grounds which i could see to report me, and seemed to do some modding...
    (If some one can PM me for what i did, mods, janitors etc? would be appreciated)

You've acknowledged that you were, in fact, wrong to do this.
    Lighten up a little bit no? Anyone else feel the same "Im just here to report someone else for a bad post"

I clearly wasn't just there to report your post, I had already posted constructive and sensitive advice to the OP before you arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Oh I gave up on this thread ages ago and started doing better things. You can't have a constructive debate with trolls.

Oh I gave up on this thread ages ago and started doing better things. You can't have a constructive debate with trolls.
    You should start with the whole "constructive" thing so. Its me fending attack that changed the thread.
    Talk to me, I'm one of the only ones that listens.

Yet what i said was inconstructive, even tho it was just a shortened version of what everyone else said...
    btw, im not going to use that as an example anymore.
    *hoping OMGrolfCakes understands my original point....finally

Yet what i said was inconstructive, even tho it was just a shortened version of what everyone else said...
    btw, im not going to use that as an example anymore.
    *hoping OMGrolfCakes understands my original point....finally

I'm assuming this is a response to my post?

You're post (and here it is for everyone else as best I can remember it) was:

1.Tell a relevant parent/guardian
    2.Tell your teacher/principal/guidance counselor
    3.Resolution
    4.????
    5.PROFIT

That is a mile away from "what everyone else said", others including myself sympathized with the OP, offered personally experience, consoled and reassured her, and basically excersised sensitivity towards a clearly upset poster. You did none of that, and made light of the issue, as per your "lighthearted" comment.

So I'll ask again, what is your point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

ok, so your not closed minded, i get it, I would like clarification of how my point is idiotic. Please?

Why your point is idiotic?

First of all, you posted an inapropriate comment in the wrong forum. You admit it was out of line - grand.
    But then you spew some crap about everything is "PC", Boards has a "negative attitude" and constantly tell people "lighten up"? :confused:

This is the internet. Internet is Serious Business.
    Of course there's gonna be perceived negativity on a discussion forum - believe it or not, people have different opinions. You openly encouraged having different viewpoints, yet you accused me of being close kinded because I don't agree with your particular viewpoint?

The PC crap is trotted out every time someone pisses and moans about a ban. Mods don't hand out bans because they're part of the PC brigade, they do it because posters act like twats.

And as for "lighten up", I think you'd do well to take your own advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement