Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The attitude on Boards.ie

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Junior #8, you have singlehandedly reinstated feedback to where it was before the great cat cull of '08.... I thank you sir.
    I have srsly enjoyed the pics in this thread and I wish you good fortune with yore point whatever it was.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I'm assuming this is a response to my post?

You're post (and here it is for everyone else as best I can remember it) was:

1.Tell a relevant parent/guardian
    2.Tell your teacher/principal/guidance counselor
    3.Resolution
    4.????
    5.PROFIT

That is a mile away from "what everyone else said", others including myself sympathized with the OP, offered personally experience, consoled and reassured her, and basically excersised sensitivity towards a clearly upset poster. You did none of that, and made light of the issue, as per your "lighthearted" comment.

So I'll ask again, what is your point?

I've seen the OP and followed this thread from the begining and that looks like a lovely place for this to end as it's all true. All of the above is seconded by myself. No way can Junior continue arguing with this. Give it up man. Bow out with some dignity.... no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Junior #8

Right, so the end of the line, finally.
    After all of you finished having a go at me, looking to pick apart everything i said, even though i only commented on the lack of open-mindedness, the lack of seeing the other side, and the lack of light heartedness. An attack is all i can call the abuse which was thrown, and not many people realise what my original point was.
    All the attack at what i said originally proved me somewhat right, and my original link was in turn taken down, rightly so.
    The poor attitude of boards.ie is proven by this entire thread, with i think 4 people realising what i was getting at.
    The reason for this attitude may be because of harsh moderation, the type of people that "reacted" to what i said, which may be a showing of what Irish people (or maybe not) are truly like.
    Ill take anonymity as another reason for close-mindedness, but its really a reflection of what im getting at. People getting angry at what i was saying? Isn't that exactly what i meant...
    anyway its time for bed, yes i was banned from that board, it was a constructive point.
    but you really gotta be careful what your saying, way too careful for my liking.
    Light-hartedness should not have its own forum.
    But sadly we have to classify it in case statements made anre not PC enough.
    There is more to life than boards.ie, and mods are too harsh and have too much power.
    /thread

Junior #8 wrote: »
    you're saying

Fixed

Why your point is idiotic?

First of all, you posted an inapropriate comment in the wrong forum. You admit it was out of line - grand.
    But then you spew some crap about everything is "PC", Boards has a "negative attitude" and constantly tell people "lighten up"? :confused:

This is the internet. Internet is Serious Business.
    Of course there's gonna be perceived negativity on a discussion forum - believe it or not, people have different opinions. You openly encouraged having different viewpoints, yet you accused me of being close kinded because I don't agree with your particular viewpoint?

The PC crap is trotted out every time someone pisses and moans about a ban. Mods don't hand out bans because they're part of the PC brigade, they do it because posters act like twats.

And as for "lighten up", I think you'd do well to take your own advice.
    You may not have been here from the start.
    You are yet again picking apart what i am saying, which is also my original point that people are on here just to do so. (If its in a light-hearted manner, i can, in fact have a laugh about it.)
    The PC thing was the point from the start, i am "light" if you catch me, and yes i know what a mod is. ALOT OF BOARDS HAS TO BE PC ENUF FOR THE MODS TO AGREE, whether this is out of fear or not is unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i think 4 people realising what i was getting at

I hope you don't think I'm one of them, I still haven't a phucking clue what you're talking about! :pac:
    Ill take anonymity as another reason for close-mindedness

While I'm not close minded, had this conversation been in real life I probably would have slapped your face with my cock tbh, so anonymity is an annoyance if anything :)

422nd wrote: »
    Fixed
    What's fixed?

I hope you don't think I'm one of them, I still haven't a phucking clue what you're talking about! :pac:

While I'm not close minded, had this conversation been in real life I probably would have slapped your face with my cock tbh, so anonymity is an annoyance if anything :)
    Which shows how mature you are and how you dont realise what youve been replying to all along. YOU GETTING MAD AT ME SHOWS THE PROBLEM WITH THE ATTITUDE. get me? :)
    Why im even answering you is beyond me.

SteveC wrote: »
    Junior #8, you have singlehandedly reinstated feedback to where it was before the great cat cull of '08.... I thank you sir.
    I have srsly enjoyed the pics in this thread and I wish you good fortune with yore point whatever it was.
    :pac:
    I'm glad to hear it btw, the pics are linked in the bottom corner of each image (I'm sure you already know that tho and that you werent being ike the rest of them and getting on my case too...)

What's fixed?

If you had been intelligent enough to read my quote and then look at your last post you might have worked out that I fixed your spelling mistake you absolute and utter Fuck up.

• Advertisement

Which shows how mature you are and how you dont realise what youve been replying to all along. YOU GETTING MAD AT ME SHOWS THE PROBLEM WITH THE ATTITUDE. get me? :)
    Why im even answering you is beyond me.
    Um, I did this :) not this :mad:

You're an idiot of the highest order, and you have amused for for the evening, I bestow upon you the prize of one thanks. Kind of like a pretty Dunce cap.

If you had been intelligent enough to read my quote and then look at your last post you might have worked out that I fixed your spelling mistake you absolute and utter Fuck up.

Oh seriously. You really have got angry, im not that dumb. I cannot believe you've reacted this well!!!! good for you!!!!</sarcasm>
    Your obviously new here

Um, I did this :) not this :mad:

You're an idiot of the highest order, and you have amused for for the evening, I bestow upon you the prize of one thanks. Kind of like a pretty Dunce cap.
    Pity the cap is your size...good nite huni

Oh seriously. You really have got angry, im not that dumb. I cannot believe you've reacted this well!!!! good for you!!!!</sarcasm>
    Your obviously new here

And you're obviously newer here...

And quite obviously a retard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Oh dear oh dear. While this thread was good fun it seems to have lost the plot somewhat. I can see a culling in the morning from the mods. There's never any need for bad language directed at someone else lads and lasses.

Pity the cap is your size...good nite huni
    Thanks sweetie x

And you're obviously newer here...

And quite obviously a retard! :D
    oh yeah your the retard guy.
    In case you havent realised, we had an incident earlier with this.
    Pity your too stubborn to check.
    Ehrm, i think it must be past your bed time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You're obviously new here

No need to thank, FYP service is free here. :)

Can I suggest stopping with the strong coffee now and maybe getting some sleep.
    There's no point in getting so worked up over an imaginary problem on the internet. :)

Oh dear oh dear. While this thread was good fun it seems to have lost the plot somewhat. I can see a culling in the morning from the mods. There's never any need for bad language directed at someone else lads and lasses.

In my opinion it was all necessary. I mean come on, the guy came along with his "lighthearted" statement on PI, when there was an upset, 15 year old girl looking for genuine help. That deserves quite a bit of abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This thread is going nowhere fast.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement