Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up wap/internet for LG KU990

• 20-08-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Got a T-Mobile unlocked LG KU990 from England. Naturally it was set up with the T Mobile wap/internet settings. Does anyone know how to change these o2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First you have to set up a new access point the tmobile one is probably still there..

go to settings, phone settings, connectivity, access points.
    Set up the access point like this:
    Connection title:
    02 (same as you'll choose in the browser settings below)

Bearer:
    UMTS

Authentication:
    No Auth

Username:
    blank

Password:
    blank

APN:
    You need to find this, out it's the same as the hompage in the browser settings (it's probably 02ireland.ie or 02.ie)

The you need to go into the browser, then go to settings, then profile, then add a new profile....

Service Name:
    02 Ireland

Homepage:
    You'r going to have to look this up, should be on another thread somewhere, mines set up on 3 (guessing 02ireland.ie) Call customer care they shuld know it...

Connection mode:
    TCP without proxy

I.P address
    blank

Proxy server port
    blank

Security
    Not secure

Access point
    02 (you've already set this up as an acces point in settings, phone settings, connectivity, access points)

And that's it you shoud be up and running...make sure you have a data add on...enjoy;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm afraid some of that information is wrong drunkmonkey. The settings you've given are almost right for the internet access point but it isn't activated on a lot of accounts. He'd be better using the gprs one. And the access point is not the same as the homepage.
    These are the correct internet settings, which would work assuming it's activated on his account:

Connection title:
    02 (same as you'll choose in the browser settings below)

Bearer:
    UMTS

Authentication:
    No Auth

Username:
    blank

Password:
    blank

APN:
    internet (or open.internet, try both)

The you need to go into the browser, then go to settings, then profile, then add a new profile....

Service Name:
    02 Ireland

Homepage:
    http://www.o2.ie

Connection mode:
    TCP without proxy

I.P address
    blank

Proxy server port
    blank

Security
    Not secure

Access point

these are the more appropriate settings, but if the above works, use them:
    Connection title:
    02 wap

Bearer:
    UMTS

Authentication:
    normal or basic or whatever a samsung calls it when it's not secure

Username:
    user

Password:
    user

APN:
    wap.dol.ie

Service Name:
    02 Ireland

Homepage:
    http://www.o2.ie

Connection mode:
    TCP with proxy

I.P address

Proxy server port

Security
    Not secure

Access point
    02 wap

What's the difference Sam? Why would you use GPRS, does it affect connection speed in any way?

Just Curious...

What's the difference Sam? Why would you use GPRS, does it affect connection speed in any way?

Just Curious...

in general it's better to use the internet access point because it's proper unproxied internet access and it's a bit cheaper (i think) but it's not activated on people's accounts by default. You have to call o2 to get them to activate it and a lot of staff haven't a clue about it so it's just less hassle to use the gprs apn. most people wouldn't notice anything not working or any price difference because they wouldn't be using it much

ahh I see...

Does 02 not charge 1cent per KB over GPRS, which works out at €10.24 per mb, Quite expensive?

• Advertisement

ahh I see...

Does 02 not charge 1cent per KB over GPRS, which works out at €1.24 per mb, Quite expensive?

they do but it's about the same with the internet access point. i think it's something like 0.5c per KB. /looks it up

edit: just called o2 and she said both apns are 1c per kb

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭McMalley

That's excellent Sam, it worked. Thanks.

Still having problems with mms though, any suggestions? I can't send or receive picture messages.

Advertisement