Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom is bad?

Options
  • 20-08-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I play alot of online games over the years and until now everything has been fine. But about 3-4weeks ago i started to get 190+ ping on servers that are close, i.e UK servers. This is really annoying, I rang eircom but they just said the usual **** and wait 20 mins then turn your router on and off....which did nothing. It actually doesnt happen all the time, at some times during the day its ok but then its messed up for the rest. I tried pinging google.com and got avg. of 200ms, i then traced the route and found that as soon as it leaves eircoms ip the high pings come, does this mean its something their end? I get 35-40 ms to eircom then it shoots straight up to 200. My pc is fine, its brand new with all latest equipment. Would it maybe be a contention issue? If I upgraded to 3mb would it help? Im currently on 2mb and live in Co.Louth. Ive tried everything I can think of to fix the problem because it really bugs me. any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Several people are reporting higher pings since the upgrades in the Broadband forum itself. Not much you can do about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

ethernet wrote: »
    Several people are reporting higher pings since the upgrades in the Broadband forum itself. Not much you can do about it really.
    The 2 mbit packages from every account I've heard so far, have not had any increase in ping times.

Can you tell me what the DSL statistics for your modem are? Current connection speed, attenuation etc.

Also, do you have any idea of what times the problem is most noticeable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dandeh

The 2 mbit packages from every account I've heard so far, have not had any increase in ping times.

Can you tell me what the DSL statistics for your modem are? Current connection speed, attenuation etc.

Also, do you have any idea of what times the problem is most noticeable?

D.S U.S
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 2048 256
    SN Margin (dB) 31.00 12.50
    Line Attenuation (dB) 26.50 15.00
    CRC Errors 376 270

Advertisement