Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CV boot, pads, shoes and bearings!

Options
  • 20-08-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm new to all this so hope I'm doing ok....

Got a full service carried out on my car yesterday, it's a Toyota Starlet. To cut a long story short I was given a list of things that need to be replaced and since this is my first car I'm not too familiar with how much all these things cost :confused:

Anyhow, this is what I was quoted:
    New bearing, front left wheel E125
    New front brake pads E85
    New rear shoes E100
    New CV boot E65

I'd appreciate any advice, I'm in the Clare/Galway area at the moment if anyone has any suggestions for good garages, thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

McConkey wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyhow, this is what I was quoted:
    New bearing, front left wheel E125
    New front brake pads E85
    New rear socks E100
    New CV boot E65

If these prices are inclusive of labour, they are pretty decent. If not, they're ripping you off.

What do you mean by rear socks?! Is it rear shocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Sorry....oops, rear shoes....head in the clouds, though the thought process was going in the general direction :pac:

My mistake, I think they are part of the brake system:confused:

It was advance pitstop, so i guess he is including labour, not sure about VAT...prob included. I googled the pads and shoes and they seem to cost about E30/40 so I guess it's all in. Thanks a mill for reply :)

Advertisement