Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear-Extraction Point

Options
  • 20-08-2008 10:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Currently playing through fear,I have extraction point,project origin is out in october,just wondering is extraction point anygood?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you like Fear, you'll like Extraction Point. It's more of the same, only the paranormal sh*t has really hit the fan and some downright nasty creepy stuff is happening. I found parts of it much more scary than Fear. And the ending is... Interesting.

Perseus Mandate wasn't much good though. Oh, the AI was still clever and the firefights were pretty vool, but the story was much worse than the previous titles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya,Perseus Mandate got a poor rating,so I did'nt bother getting it,said I'd wait for project origin instead.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'll just point out that Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate are being ignored by Monolith Productions the makers of FEAR and Project Origin and are not considered part of the story line. So you won't miss anything story wise by not playing the 2 expansions. Monolith Production no longer hold the rights to the FEAR name and did not develop the expansions.

However Project Origin will be a direct sequel to FEAR and will have characters like Alma return in the sequel although you play a different character from the original point man.

Its possible Vivendi owners of the FEAR brand will make a sequel that has FEAR as the starting point and continues on from where the expansions left off.

So in essence FEAR seems to be branching off in two directions much like Operation Flashpoint has.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

confusing schuff,so is there an entity in extraction point like alma?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Perseus mandate is junk, extraction point is actually ok, scarey at bits and quite good actually

Nick

• Advertisement

Whats scary about it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Whats scary about it?

Theres a bit in the hospital level which many mite find "scary"

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Alma's in all the expansions so far. Occasionally in very confusing ways.
    at one point in Extraction Point she halps the player by killing a bunch of clone soldiers for you.

The hospital was interesting, the lighting and one or two setpieces were quite well done. Personally, my must jump-worthy moment was in the warehouse with the Delta squad guy
    when the lights go out, and then come back on to show you surrounded by floating corpses, lights go off again, come back on, the bastards are right on top of you, and they kill the black guy

Fear was never the most clear-cut well-written story in the world, it always seemed like the writers tried to cram in way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Currently playing through fear,I have extraction point,project origin is out in october

It's going to be a long wait for Project Origin. :(

http://pc.ign.com/articles/902/902021p1.html

cozmik wrote: »
    It's going to be a long wait for Project Origin. :(

http://pc.ign.com/articles/902/902021p1.html

ffs,it was suppose to come out in october,I was gonna have a rig and all to play this,ah well guess I dont have to rush through fear now and extraction point,I can take my time with them,still pissed though:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement