Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Slingbox Dublin

• 20-08-2008 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

My Slingbox up and died today. Green power light is on but no network light and neither light flashes when I power cycle. Tried resetting but nothing happens.

I'm wondering where in Dublin I can pick up a replacement at a good price.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've seen very few of them about in any shops really. Whe I did find one a while ago I'd had a look round the shop, didn't see it so asked at the counter. They had no idea what I was talking about though so I went to leave, then I spotted a couple on the end of one of the shelves behind me.

The classics were going for €80 ish on expansys.ie recently according to a BA thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yeah, I bought one of the ones off Expansys a month or so ago:

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=170005&se=216

It's around €12.50 for shipping so you need to add that in. I've never seen any in the shops around Dublin and if you are looking for the Classic in particular, it's going to be hard to find offline, since it's officially discontinued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Thanks for that. Got the first one in Dixons and had exactly the same experience with the staff - they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Harvey Norman usually stock slingboxes, might be worth a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jackdoes

If you are willing to drive, they are in PC World over the border. £99 for the Slingbox solo and £139 for the Slingbox Pro.

I dont know why they aren't so popular in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jackdoes

Just picked up a SlingBox solo in PC world in Jervis Shopping center in Dublin for €139.

Advertisement