Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new LCD TV....help

• 20-08-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

This is my first post but I have been reading this site over the last few days on information about buying an LCD tv.

So, I want to get a 32" and not spend a fortune on it. Doesnt need to be top of the range just as long as i can hook my laptop up and play dvd's etc.

In xtra vision they have the Mirai 32" for €449 which I have read some mixed reviews from this site but some of the posts were pretty old so the tv could have been upgraded etc.

Also take a look at this:

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Teco_TA3296RV_32_Inch_LCD_TV_TA3296RV/version.asp

Im thinking of getting it this week so any advice etc is welcome.

Cheers all

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tis a grand auld price. But is it worth it? Whats the quality of Teco like? Never heard of em.
    I think the 32" LG on Pixmanias a pretty solid buy. Not as cheap as your teco but its got some credentials.
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/931137/art/lg/32lc42-lcd-television.html

Keep an eye on adverts too, seen a nice samsung 32" for about the same money, excellent HD LCDs too!
    I myself am looking for a 26" LCD and might be buying off a guy on ebay. Sells old shop stock thats fully refurbished.
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/luzerntech/

Oh, and this should probably be in the bargain alerts requests section for future reference.

Welcome to boards too!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭niallu

That LG looks great actually, pretty much the same price too.

Yeah i have seen that seller on ebay selling the polaroid refurbished ones, bid on one a few times but lost! : (

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

niallu wrote: »
    That LG looks great actually, pretty much the same price too.

Yeah i have seen that seller on ebay selling the polaroid refurbished ones, bid on one a few times but lost! : (
    Ditto on that. Im not in a huge rush so im hanging in there looking for a good price. Im pretty sure theres some shill bidding going on there too though. lads joined less then a week and several bids on different TVs that luzerntech has for sale. Annoying, but can ya blame him! Yes you can! Grrr:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Got that LG 6 months ago for 510..very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

Register on avforums.com & search the appropriate forums for the make & model you are interested in.

If more questions arise, post a request for info , & you'll get quality advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement