Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR Faction Poll

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

Just interested in whats going to be more popular.

So what's it to be?

Which faction will you choose? 34 votes

Order
    0% 0 votes
    Destruction
    14% 5 votes
    Undecided
    85% 29 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Funky wrote: »
    Just interested in whats going to be more popular.

So what's it to be?

It'll be destruction by an almost 2 to 1 majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Well I wanna play a shaman so destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Spear wrote: »
    It'll be destruction by an almost 2 to 1 majority.

Currently its an 11-1 majority :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

12 - 1 now

.....and I'm the 1 :p

Surrender now, and we'll make your death relatively quick and painless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

So lets think of Guild names. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Wow, who are we going to Zerg?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Isn't there a middleground race where you don't have to fight. I want to try and bring all races together in the spirit of harmony and so we can all enjoy the beautiful gift of life.

Hmmm....maybe this isn't the MMO for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I always planned on playing chaos. Is this faction imbalance likely to be reflected on the servers or is it merely a boards phenomenon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Witch elf and herder for me they look so cool.

I honestly think on the day someone should take charge here and sort which server we should join/guild name etc etc to we can get ahead of the curve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Yeah we need a separate board with a MOD that can oraginse a server/ guild for us Paddies.

I'm in a group that is playing a few MMOs already, and we're in the process of organising our WAR stuff. If anyone's interested I can provide a link to the forums. It's an international group .. people (well, me :D) here, the UK, Sweden, and a few other counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Myself and a few others from Irish E-Sports will be going Destruction and are starting a guild.

We'll be going Destruction to start with as well, but I expect we'll set up an Order guild at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Think I'm gonna wait for a month or so after the release before getting (because the sour taste aoc left in my mouth) but will probably have a go at Order if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Hmm if I was to go destruction I'd defo go for either the witch elf or the sorceress or I was going to go for order then either the swordmaster or the shadow warrior. :cool: Looks like a pretty cool mmo can't wait to try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Destruction is what I'll be going for as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If this ratio is typical, wonder if there will be some sort of balancing mechanism. In world pvp there presumably is little that can be done (destruction will outnumber order by quite a bit), but maybe they are planning instancing or something for some of the RvR stuff? Would that mean that destruction would have to queue for ages to get a shot at the 5 order people playing on each server? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If a server is too tipped to one side, there are methods in place to help ease the balance. Say if there are 2x the number of Destruction players to Order, no more Destruction players can log onto that server (they are placed in a queue, see the TenTonHammer interview with Josh Drescher for info http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/42862) but Order can still log in freely.

Plus there is talk of bonuses for factions that are constantly beaten or have a far lower cumulative lvl/ renown rank, well i think thats how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

There is a poll on Warhammer alliance with loads of people and its very balanced by looking at that

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61790#

Also people that will be picking up the game not knowing about it will have much higher percentage going order.

Exact same thing happened in wow. Its going to be different by server

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

man of the order myself, dunno what army or career to choose just yet, seeing as i collected both empire and high elves, come to think of it, i also had dark elves.. i like the look of the white lion however

Advertisement