Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i want to book a reg number for 09 where do i do did

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

hi i am buying a new ford focus rs next year and want to see if a number i want is still available does anyone know where i check thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You'll have to wait until November!

09 ** 225?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 focusst225owner

thanks what do i type into revenue.ie

why november

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

thanks what do i type into revenue.ie

:eek: omg the laziness of some people is actually amazing.

Do you think you could manage typing 'reserve a number plate' into google? had you done it this would have come up
    www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/vehicle-standards/vehicle_registration_numbers - 22k -

I reckon in 10 years people will be unable to do anything wothout google or worse a website that just answers all questions without fail everytime. Were all doomed.

i didnt ask u to to answer so please dont and i am not lazy so dont comment on me when u dont know me thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Wow, that's a great link there dyb, gives the OP all the info they need. And in post 3 no less! They couldn't possibly have any questions after that.

Oh wait... :rolleyes::P

More info:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055069630
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055233869
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055276936

Of course i'm not a bit surprised your not clever enough to use google but are clever enough to give a smart answer. Well done.

A post on the Internet is asking the opinion of everyone who reads it try google next time its really taking off.

LAZY

• Advertisement

AudiChris wrote: »
    Wow, that's a great link there dyb, gives the OP all the info they need. And in post 3 no less! They couldn't possibly have any questions after that.

Oh wait... :rolleyes::P

eh between the old thread and the link to revenue.ie i'd say its fairly well covered :rolleyes:

Definitely! :)

i didnt ask u to to answer so please dont and i am not lazy so dont comment on me when u dont know me thank you

name of the thread said it all - "where do i do did?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I've already booked 09-D-225 ;) I heard 09-D-226 is still available :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If the OP tries to book 09-D-225, won't it go down to a lottery? or is that only on a predetermined handful of numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Dunno how anyone has anything booked, they won't talk to you until Nov 1st?
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    If the OP tries to book 09-D-225, won't it go down to a lottery? or is that only on a predetermined handful of numbers?

If someone else requests the same number it'll go to a lottery.

I have a sneaky suspicion that dealers have more pull with the revenue office than random punters however.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You'll have to wait until November!

09 ** 225?

The Focus RS will have more than 225bhp though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

bazz26 wrote: »

296 bhp through the front wheels? It'll be the first time Irish hospitals see drivers with dislocated wrists, elbows and shoulders just from driving around corners!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

but from his username it looks like he is buying the 2.5 litre ST with 225bhp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

Is 09-D-Dickhead still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kceire wrote: »
    but from his username it looks like he is buying the 2.5 litre ST with 225bhp

From his first post he mentions the RS, he currently has an ST afaik:
    hi i am buying a new ford focus rs next year and want to see if a number i want is still available does anyone know where i check thanks

From his first post he mentions the RS, he currently has an ST afaik:

your right mate, sorry! goes to put my glasses on.....
    well then hopefully he is not booking 09-xx-225 then LOL

09-xx-296 would be ok i suppose!

MarkN wrote: »
    Dunno how anyone has anything booked, they won't talk to you until Nov 1st?

Dead right.
    MarkN wrote: »
    If someone else requests the same number it'll go to a lottery.

I have a sneaky suspicion that dealers have more pull with the revenue office than random punters however.

I've been booking reserved regs for the last 7/8 years, there's no special paperwork for dealers, we all just use the VRT15A form.

Some dealers are BIG users of reserved regs, maybe they buy the lads in the VRO a bottle of whiskey at Christmas, but I doubt it.

More likely these dealers are applying for loads and loads of different numbers and so, even in a lottery situation, they'll still get enough numbers to suit their customers.
    The one guy who does it a lot doesn't seem to go for numbers like 09D318 or 09D520 - those numbers'll be fought over in the lottery. Instead he looks for loads of zeros e.g. 09D15000. I'd say that's how he gets his numbers.

Dead right.

I've been booking reserved regs for the last 7/8 years, there's no special paperwork for dealers, we all just use the VRT15A form.

Some dealers are BIG users of reserved regs, maybe they buy the lads in the VRO a bottle of whiskey at Christmas, but I doubt it.

More likely these dealers are applying for loads and loads of different numbers and so, even in a lottery situation, they'll still get enough numbers to suit their customers.
    The one guy who does it a lot doesn't seem to go for numbers like 09D318 or 09D520 - those numbers'll be fought over in the lottery. Instead he looks for loads of zeros e.g. 09D15000. I'd say that's how he gets his numbers.

ive noticed alot of high end cars lately, ie RR Sports, X5's, with regs such as 07-d-4000 etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

DonJose wrote: »

Who said he wanted a D reg;)

There's a few 325i's around with 1225, 1025, 1125, 1325 registrations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Dead right.

He does go for the popular numbers too, believe me. 89,911,63,65 etc

He encourages some customers to go for the 000's and "throws it in" for others.

the dealer can't book the numbers it wants, e.g Peugeot in Galway can't book 107, 207, 307, 308 and 407 unless they're going to register them as demos. the number has to booked for the eventual owner and not just ordered on spec.

DonJose wrote: »

i dont want 225 i am getting a the new focus rs

so what number are you thinking of getting, just out of interest

• Advertisement

Zube wrote: »
    296 bhp through the front wheels? It'll be the first time Irish hospitals see drivers with dislocated wrists, elbows and shoulders just from driving around corners!

irish have already saw this and much worse from astra opc drivers the worst handling car ever built

Advertisement