Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i want to book a reg number for 09 where do i do did

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

colm_mcm wrote: »
    the dealer can't book the numbers it wants, e.g Peugeot in Galway can't book 107, 207, 307, 308 and 407 unless they're going to register them as demos. the number has to booked for the eventual owner and not just ordered on spec.

If you request the number in the garage name, you don't have to nominate the car at the time. You then have a number in your pocket to offer at deal time.

The only drawback on this is that the customer will be 2nd owner on their car as you have to reg the car to the dealership first.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

colsers22 wrote: »
    Is 09-D-Dickhead still available?
    Lol.

I dont think so but 09-D-34254323 is available tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

colm_mcm wrote: »
    so what number are you thinking of getting, just out of interest

I don't think Ford have released the official bhp figure for the RS yet, it'll be somewhere in the 280-300 range. They claim to have eliminated torque steer with their revolutionary new front suspension design.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

colsers22 wrote: »
    Is 09-D-Dickhead still available?

:D My sentiments also but to each their own I guess...

At least with personalised regs you can spot the dickheads comin' at ya'!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I had to book xxC999 for my bike, and xxC888 for my car, and I received no special favours from the VRO for being a Dealer let me tell you.

Generally, as you go back the years, there will be all sorts of numbers not taken. Most counties reserve xx-x-01 to xx-x-200 and sell these at 315 Euro like an normal plate, so if you UK import, you can assign a low number to the car to make it less obvious. Also, you'll find popular combinations are rarely purchased and remain reserved by the VRO - each year the VRO reserve the usual suspects like 318, 320, 911, 77 (TT), 24 (Z4), but they also keep the interesting ones like 222, 333, 444, 1000, 2000, 3333, 4444, etc. If anyone was looking for an interesting reg, that'd be the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 focusst225owner

pburns wrote: »
    :D My sentiments also but to each their own I guess...

At least with personalised regs you can spot the dickheads comin' at ya'!

yes well dickheads just happen to drive nice cars

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw 07MH13 last week, a Renaut Grand Scenic. I mean talk about tempting fate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Lol.

I dont think so but 09-D-34254323 is available tho.

I imagine that'll be a December special with the bumber sales we're expecting next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

yes well dickheads just happen to drive nice cars

So do non-dickheads.

They just don't feel the overwhelming need to draw attention to themselves;)...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ninty9er wrote: »
    I imagine that'll be a December special with the bumber sales we're expecting next year.
    Maybe it was a bit too cryptic. It is dickhead typed on a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think this thread has reached end-of-life......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

kceire wrote: »
    your right mate, sorry! goes to put my glasses on.....
    well then hopefully he is not booking 09-xx-225 then LOL

09-xx-296 would be ok i suppose!

My car is 296.... 86 C 296 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Maybe it was a bit too cryptic. It is dickhead typed on a phone.
    I got it the first time:rolleyes:, obviously my comment about the state of car sales was lost in here.

Advertisement