Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Book Pro Logic board replacement.

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the exact place for this so please move if I got it wrong. My MacBook Pro has a dodgy logic board. The Apple dealer wants to charge me a ridiculous price to replace it. I can get one on ebay for around €200 but I wouldn't be able to install it. I'm thinking you guys would be able to do this and I'm wondering if you consider doing this for me. Obviously I would expect to pay a fee?

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Come on.... your not scared of Macs are you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

That's the price you pay for buying a Mac I'm afraid. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You'll find people who have better experience with this in the Mac forum.

Is your MBP still in warranty? You didn't happen to take out AppleCare, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Thanks Ethernet. I didn't know there was a Mac forum. I'll head there now. The machine is actually a work machine that they didn't have AppleCare on and are not going to pay the huge Apple asking price to have it fixed. I can have it if I want to get it fixed myself.

Advertisement