Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Justice: Two taxis caught by traffic cops on quays

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

superjosh9 wrote: »
    fair enough - but why list the reg of the car breaking the lights?? there could be circumstances that you aren't aware of.

I was a slow day lol :pac: Actually I agree with you on that point so Ive took that one down
    the other thing is in half those videos what is about to happen seems totally obvious - and not just because you've said it's going to happen - like the Hiace - which you were clearly expecting. So... why?!?!

I like to give them a little warning. They mightn't get the most alert driver and cause a crash with a less experience / bad driver.

Nice camera though.

Thanks ;)

irlmarc wrote: »
    I have to say its a very clever system and a good idea. Nice the way you were able to hide all of the cables.

All you need now is one of these

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8289

in case someone nicks your car.

Actually I've looked at these before with an intent of installing one on my next car / next decent car. The system i was looking at killed the Fuel Pump and Power System on demand if wired up to a relay. It also was the prepay sim / GPS function.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

I was a slow day lol :pac: Actually I agree with you on that point so Ive took that one down...

cool, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Actually I've had looked at these before with an intent of installing one on my next car / next decent car. The system i was looking at killed the Fuel Pump and Power System on demand if wired up to a relay. It also was the prepay sim / GPS function.

It's a good idea if you have a really nice car alright.

Looking at your other videos on youtube looks like your local enough to me. Hope you never catch me on that thing.

irlmarc wrote: »
    It's a good idea if you have a really nice car alright.

Looking at your other videos on youtube looks like your local enough to me. Hope you never catch me on that thing.

:D I'll try not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Seems a bit of an extreme way to just try and disgrace other drivers...I don't think, even if they are bad drivers that they will know they are up on youtube and if it will make any difference at all other than to satisfy yourself? Have you never made a mistake on the road yourself with tiredness or being unfamiliar with a junction? Are you just paranoid that you'll be involved in an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

One place I've noticed Taxi's as being particularly bad is around College Green. Just in front of Trinity there are two lanes. The left is for turning left up towards Nassau St and going straight onto Dame St. The right lane is straight on only.

On the bicycle coming from D'Olier St onto Dame St. can be quite awkward. One needs to move into the center of the left lane so as cars turning left don't pull ahead of you and turn into you. This works quite well for that lane. However, Taxi's and some ordinary drivers seem to assume that the right straight on lane also allows a left turn and so pull in.

I was watching a taxi on my right the other day and saw him start to move over, didn't even bother to indicate his illegal maneuver. Had to slow down, let him ahead. Luckily the lights went red so I was able to knock on his window and point out he hadn't indicated and it was an illegal turn anyway. He shrugged his shoulders grinning, thinking it was all a great joke. Not the smartest of fellows.

faigs wrote: »
    Seems a bit of an extreme way to just try and disgrace other drivers...I don't think, even if they are bad drivers that they will know they are up on youtube and if it will make any difference at all other than to satisfy yourself? Have you never made a mistake on the road yourself with tiredness or being unfamiliar with a junction? Are you just paranoid that you'll be involved in an accident?

I've a bumper sticker on the car 'Smile for YouTube' :D..Joke...

But long Story short..I've the camera there purely for accident purposes after some interesting scenarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

FYI : I just used this 8Gb MP4 player which also has a camera and acts as a digital camcorder. Just stick it up the windscreen with a mobile phone holder. If someone wants a budget solution.
    Records about 500Mb AVI per hour, with 8Gb available.

eBay link to seller and item

Advertisement