Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If you damage your car driving over a pothole

Options
  • 20-08-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

If you have proof that your car was damaged by driving over a pot hole, can the county council be sued.
    Can you get insurance companies involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you can prove they attempted to repair the pothole and did it badly, they will often pay out - a number of people on here have. They're liable due to the botched repair.

If they didn't - good luck, its possible you'd get somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It is difficult to get money out of them. I hit a pot hole, which was actually more like a crater, in enniskerry last year. It had been repaired but it was still in a terrible state. I burst my tire and buckled my alloy. Got it all fixed and tried claiming off the council and couldnt get anything out of them. Even though i had photographic evidence and had reported it to the gardai etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I actually found the process easy! I've detailed my experiences in a previous thread a few months ago, but in summary, I got the cost of a replacement tyre out of the local council. It was straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I have just successfully claimed from my Co Co on behalf of my mother. Her car was damaged by driving through a pothole that was full of water, which masked it. It took many many letters, complaints, photo's and copies of invoices for the damage and 6 months but they paid out in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Anyone remember I hit a pothole and posted hear a while back...

It crack my back alloy, and found out the other day, that the tracking is off up front, and my whole anti roll bar is totaly pheked up front.

Roads are in dire state...

• Advertisement
Advertisement