Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accepting both offers?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

what happens if you accept both offers you get on your cao. i accepted the level 8 choice i got but now want to do the level 6/7 course instead. what can i do about it? there is still available places on the level6/7 course. help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I'd say either call the CAO or if your school is still open then i suggest going to see yor guidance counsellor

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

paul150 wrote: »
    what happens if you accept both offers you get on your cao. i accepted the level 8 choice i got but now want to do the level 6/7 course instead. what can i do about it? there is still available places on the level6/7 course. help appreciated

Unfortunately accepting the level 8 choice immeadiately deletes all other offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭yay_for_summer

As far as I know they take the one you accepted last as your accepted one. That's why your round two acceptance cancels out your round one one if points go down and you get a course that was higher on your list.

But I am not sure about this and please don't take my word for it! I'd say check with CAO, a teacher or one of the helplines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Unfortunately accepting the level 8 choice immeadiately deletes all other offers.
    This is not correct. You are free to swap between your level 8 and level 7/6 offers as many times as you like between now and 26 August; accepting your level 7/6 offer now will automatically cancel the level 8 offer. But whatever is in the system at 5.15 pm next Tuesday will be "locked in" as your final acceptance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

got it sorted thanks for replies, you can swap between your level 8 and level 6/7 offer until august 26th, whichever offer is accepted then is final

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Kwekubo wrote: »
    This is not correct. You are free to swap between your level 8 and level 7/6 offers as many times as you like between now and 26 August; accepting your level 7/6 offer now will automatically cancel the level 8 offer. But whatever is in the system at 5.15 pm next Tuesday will be "locked in" as your final acceptance.

Apologies. I was thinking about if you accept your first offer...I didn't take into account the level 6/7 side....my bad

Advertisement