Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative guitarist seeks musicians for ska/punk band

• 21-08-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Influences include: Operation Ivy, Streetlight Manifesto, The Specials, Choking Victim, The Clash, Rancid, Bomb The Music Industry!, Big D and the Kid's Table, Catch 22, Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, Less Than Jake, Leftover Crack, Dance Hall Crashers.

Was in a band for a while and I'm looking to start something new in a different direction. I've been playing guitar for about 10 years so I'm fairly comfortable although I don't really go in for too much lead. I'm pretty good at writing and arranging songs just not great at lyrics yet.

I'm hoping to set something up or even join an existing band. I'm looking for a drummer a bassist possibly a vocalist/lyricist, maybe even some brass or anything else you can bring to the fray. Attitude and commitment are more important to me than great skill or experience.

I've got an open mind about music and I'm interested in creating an original sound. I'm good-humoured and easy-going (if that helps). Also I wanna play some gigs as soon as possible and have a lotta fun helping to spice up the music scene here.
    :)

In North Dublin, aged 18 (please don't hold it against me)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lauriemahon

Hey mate.
    Sent a PM.
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Still lookinh for bassists, vocalists, horn players etc..

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Myles2tone

hey,im a bass player,19,playin for 5 years with,decent gigging experience.Id love to play in a ska band,there just isnt enough ska bands out there!I live in dublin6.Gimme some more details if there are any.cheers.Fav bands-mighty mghty bosstones,the specials,the beat,reel big fish,big D and the kids table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomiswhoiam

hey just saw your add i was a singer in a ska band for 5 years
    looking to start something again pm me if your interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭bogdin

Where are you based in Northside Dublin??As im a drummer based in Northside Dublin!!:D:D

You still looking for a drummer??

Thanks for all the replies people! I've sent a few PM's. Hopefully we can get together in real life sometime soon.

I like the way this thread kinda rose from the dead too. It's pretty old but I guess I just needed more patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

I play lead guitar, I know you're a guitar player yourself but you said you mainly do rhytym. If you want any lead guitar anyway I'd love to play in a ska/reggae band. I sent you a pm a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Myles2tone

hey,i dunno if my pm's are workin.i sent one on tuesday,but anyway,im up for practicing on sundays,or even during the week sumday this week,if u can arrange it.

Advertisement