Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOICE ECHO ON MOBILE ?

• 21-08-2008 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi guys, my wife bought me a Samsung U600 for a gift and i have to say its a very nice phone, HOWEVER a lot of people who ring me say they can hear an echo of their voice on their end when talking to me, i hear perfect sound my end.
    Anyone experienced this before, is it a network problem or a phone one.
    never had this problem with my last phone a Samsung E390

Many thanks for any help,

voyager :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are you using a handsfree kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi jmccrohan, thanks for your reply, no this happens with general phone use.

voyager :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

You shouldnt get echo when your calling a mobile to mobile call, echo is only introduced when calling land lines, due to the fact that you are going to twisted pair.
    Its up to the mobile operators to have echo cancellers that will cancel/reduce echo.

So if your making/receiving a mobile to mobile call within Ireland, and you getting echo its due to the handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

yeah just try lowering the ear volume, as on some handsets i have found the sound from the speaker can carry through to the mic and echo's can occur

Many thanks for the replies guys, i spoke to customer care and was advised to return the phone for replacement, i have decided to stick with the same model again so hopefully the replacement will be ok.
    Again thanks,

voyager :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This sometimes happens to me. The delay of nearly half a second after I first speak and the fact it's random and with any phone would tell me it's some dodgy echo cancellation between the mobile and the mast.

I've noticed that it happens the most with Voda mobiles in my home, but it's happened with O2 and meteor in other places too.

hi guys, as i stated earlier customer care asked me to return the phone(samsung U600) for replacement, sure enough i got the "new" phone in the door this morning, but the first f**king call i make on it i`m told there is an awful echo on it, made two more calls to people in different areas of the town (in case it could be a mast problem) and they said the exact same thing, they hear a very bad echo. Oh well back we go again.

Also i have since seen on other sites of this same complaint about this same phone and problem,I would advise anyone thinking of getting this phone to think carefully.

voyager

Advertisement