Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare on 3-pay- blacklisted?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know-

Is rapidshare black listed on 3?

I cannot access it, ever.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Just one bump. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Considering how bad Three's network is, they probably don't want people using it to download big files.

Rapidshare is definitely working right now, that much I can confirm. Your problem could be simply DNS related, try using www.opendns.org and see if you can get to Rapidshare. If you can't, then it would seem that Three block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Three use a small set of shared IP addresses. Sites like rapidshare, banking, webmail, stock trading and anywhere that logs your IP generally don't work well on 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They also block 4chan, the ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Onikage wrote: »
    Three use a small set of shared IP addresses. Sites like rapidshare, banking, webmail, stock trading and anywhere that logs your IP generally don't work well on 3.

That is exactly the reason why. There are a LOT of people using the same IP address as you at this very moment. For proof of this, just click on the image below. Run the speed test, then click the View your past results
    link. As you will see, a lot of people with your IP address have been checking their speed.

312336894.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Firetrap wrote: »
    As you will see, a lot of people with your IP address have been checking their speed.

312336894.png

You'll get the same for any ISP that uses DHCP to assign addresses, as the same address will be used by different people on different days. I have heard that 3 share IPs to multiple customers at the same time though, which could lead to all sorts of problems with many sites.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to dump Three and get a proper ISP. I'm sure many would view that as not very unfortunate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I used 3 last weekend to download some files off Rapidshare as a premium user so it definitely was working then but cant say whether it has changed since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Rapidshare will work fine if you're a premium user. The problem is that if you're a free user, it restricts how often you can download over a given period of time and uses your IP address as the way to track you.

Advertisement