Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of Photoshop/Paint.net feature

Options
  • 21-08-2008 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm havin a bit of bother in making a banner for something.

Can yee see the the sort of blurry white halo effect around the players?

Which feature or technique would I have to use in order to achieve the effect?

Thanks in advance

us_soccer_flag_balboa_lalas.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

various ways of doing this ...

I'll assume you have the player cut out and on their own layer ?
    (for photoshop)
    Go to Layer -> Layer Styles -> Outer Glow ... and adjust your settings

Alternatively ...

Copy the layer ... (ctrl click on the layer) fill it with white ... go to filter -> Blur -> gaussian blur ...

They'd be the two easiest methods I can think of ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Fairplay Forbairt, go raibh maith agat.

I'll give that a lash. I'm actually on paint.net on this PC and couldn't find the equivilant of the first method, but I think I'll have more luck with your second suggestion.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

have never used paint.net I'm afraid to say so I've no idea what settings it'd be in that (for the first one) or even if it exists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I used the gaussian blur and it worked a treat, thanks very much.

I'm not very familiar with image editing programs, so I spent about 10 mins trying to put square pegs through round holes... I was stuck trying to get the shape for the white backround to blur it with!

Thanks for helping me to develop my skills, pun intended!

Advertisement