Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis on Christmas Day?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

OK...odd question here for this time of year but....Does anyone know if any taxis work on Christmas Day in Cork?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Ya, there is always a few working. They get business from dropping people to relatives houses and graveyards etc.

Not sure who is best to use Christmas day, maybe Cork Taxi Co-Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ya, there is always a few working. They get business form dropping people to relatives houses and graveyards etc.

Not sure who is best to use Christmas day, maybe Cork Taxi Co-Op.

Thanks...figured there would be a couple working alright and dropping relatives is exactly what I need one for so I can have a few drinks and not have to drive them home :D

God I am planning ahead...I will do my christmas shopping this weekend :-)

Guess I will just ring around in the week before christmas and see who is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I would have thought given the amount of non Irish taxi drivers around as well these days would make it a tad easier to get a taxi on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There are a few working, and since it is Christmas it is usually customary to give a higher than normal tip. (Well, me and my mate all would anyway.)

There are a few working, and since it is Christmas it is usually customary to give a higher than normal tip. (Well, me and my mate all would anyway.)

Ah yes...tipping taxi drivers...one of the more moronical habits of people today.

Why should I tip someone when I pay them 10 euro for a five minute trip? And on Christams day they will charge the anti-social hours rate or whatever it is called.

Best stop now before I go waaayy off topic

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Indeed best take your own advice :p

I think most,if not all the taxi companies have drivers working a few hours on christmas day. You would definately want to book well in advance though. We used always book a taxi to relatives house and back a week or two in advance.

Thanks man...good to know.

Advertisement