Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Girls Day Out

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

http://www.indublin.ie/Events/Arts_-_Culture/The_Ultimate_Girls_Day_Out.aspx

Noticed signs for this this morning and figured some of you might be interested.
    It's in the RDS.
    Date: 29/08/2008 ~ 31/08/2008
    Price: from €20.00
    Booking Info: www.ticketmaster.ie
    Detail: Featuring Amazing Catwalk Shows, Free Seminars in our Smart Girls Zone, The Ultimate Fashion & Beauty Zones Featuring New Season Looks, Chill Out at the Lipstick Lounge, Chicks Vs Chefs in our Daily Coof-Off, Revive at the Elegant Champagne Bar, The Ultimate Chocolate Zone awaits, Free Beauty Make-overs for some Lucky Ladies, Win Fabulous Goddies Every Day!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

They could use a spellchecker, bless their little heads.

God don't kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Ive seen loads of ads for that in magazines. at first i thought it might be good. then i thought about it & figured its probably along the lines of "toys 4 big boys" etc where you pay in to see a load of stalls to buy stuff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm working at it, I cannot wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Silverfish wrote: »
    They could use a spellchecker, bless their little heads.
    [/SIZE]
    But I want to win fabulous goddies :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

mental07 wrote: »
    But I want to win fabulous goddies :(

You have to sit through the coof-off first and then we'll see about the goddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Myself and my friend are going on sat.

Another friend told me (after I had booked the tickets) that it's really disappointing. The makeovers are terrible, there's very little at it and its just trying to make you buy stuff. She could not stress what a waste of time and money it was :(

But that was 3 years ago, so hopefully it's better. My cousin came back from it last year with tons of goddies (!) :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

speaking of girls night out,
    myself and 7 girlfriends have rented a penthouse room at a hotel fro the weekend, we each are bringing our favorite drinks and snacks... i have the games and the tarot cards (i always end up reading everyones cards at these things lol)
    we have a pool and hot tub and just lots of laughs

its a great time we do it every year, you should try it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm working at it, I cannot wait!!

How did you get that job working there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

BEAT wrote: »
    speaking of girls night out,
    myself and 7 girlfriends have rented a penthouse room at a hotel fro the weekend, we each are bringing our favorite drinks and snacks... i have the games and the tarot cards (i always end up reading everyones cards at these things lol)
    we have a pool and hot tub and just lots of laughs

its a great time we do it every year, you should try it ;)

That sounds amazing.

Is this not the first year of this event:confused:I haven't seen it advertised previous years although I've been to similar events such as Womans World.

I'm thinking of going too but I can't afford to be buying loads of stuff, I was hoping there would be lots of free samples. Sometimes at these type of events the free stuff you pick up more than covers the cost of the ticket but other times it can be disappointing.

Edited to ask does anyone know what time it starts? Doesn't seem to be written on the advertising.

Doors are open 10am. Closes at 8pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I saw this in the tv a few weeks ago, and didn't do much for me.

I''m probably going to be the only one who thinks this looks pants, but I'd rather go to the boys one ,"toys for big boys" or what ever its called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Right I shall add that to off the rails and the other fashion expo on this weekend to the list of place to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

sounds like my ultimate nightmare...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

JaneyMc wrote: »
    I''m probably going to be the only one who thinks this looks pants, but I'd rather go to the boys one ,"toys for big boys" or what ever its called.

dont bother, its sh*te. or it was last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

If someone goes, can they let us know what its like? Migth go on sunday, although judging by whats on, according to the website, it sounds a bit crap.

Hang out at the Lipstick Lounge? nah thanks

I'm going in the morning. I'll give a review. :P

It was ok. Got some chocolate skewer thing, had a go on the massage chair (and bought one. mmm) got a manicure, bagged some freebies, entered some competitions, looked at shoes, played Wii Fit, watched some fashion shows, laughed at Lorraine Keanes horrible accent...

Not too bad. Good way to pass the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Totally agree 'Lil Kitten.

I went Friday during the day when it wasn't as busy.

My 2 sisters,my niece & I went.

We bagged a good few freebies, enough Nivea deodarant to keep us going a while :),some Dove shower washes,chocolate, some money off vouchers,pens.

1 sister bought a dress for a great price after haggling,my niece bought a juicy couture copy handbag & I bought a Joanne Hynes coat & sexy stockings

Fashions shows were good & there were a few nice stalls but some bad mistakes too

Lorraine was very unfriendly & that accent - HA

We booked mini manicures & they were totally off schedule, ours ended up an hour later than scheduled.
    The Harvey Nicks champagne bar was a rip off, 30 smackers for 2 snipes of champagne.
    Some of the boutiques were very unhelpful & some of the prices were mental!
    On going in you got a voucher for a glass of west coast cooler. The girls at this stand were very unhelpful, left us standing there while they had a chat & they had special plastic glasses for the drinks which were so narrow you got about a thimble full of WCC.
    The Lipstick lounge was useless, a few sofas & some make up artists who I didn't see approach anyone offering advice!

All in all I thought it was an improvement on other years but they still have a lot of work to do & they should definetly get rid of Lorraine!

LB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Excellent review ladybird, totally agree with all of it, they were really mean with the West Coast Cooler, I got lots of Nivea deodorant too and free Rimmel lipsticks in the lipstick lounge:)
    Lorraine doesn't annoy me at all though, I prefer her to Karen Koster.
    It was really overcrowded on Saturday afternoon an there wasn't enough food for sale there.
    Enjoyed it overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I think people are getting this show confused with some others that have ran before - this was the first time that ultimate girls day out was on but there are loads of others like woman's world (absolute crap) and off the rails and style in the city which is on very soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement