Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Wireless SSID Names

Options
  • 21-08-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Was wondering if anyone knew of any sites or of a list of all the Public Wireless (HotSpots) networks in Ireland that also lists the networks' SSID? I'm looking for a list of public network SSIDs for a project in work.

I know that Eircom, BT and the like have lists of Public Wireless locations but they don't give any information about the hotspots at those locations; they just tell you where they are. Short of actually going around to all the locations on those lists with my laptop on the back of my motorbike and performing driveby war-driving (which would be great if work paid me to do it), I can't find any info for Ireland on the web.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ah yes the mad biker with the laptop running netstumbler on his back doing a survey of all public wifi hotspots in Ireland, should contact the Ray D'Arcy show, maybe they'd sponsor you

LOL

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Kenz

Ah yes the mad biker with the laptop running netstumbler on his back doing a survey of all public wifi hotspots in Ireland, should contact the Ray D'Arcy show, maybe they'd sponsor you

LOL

MC

LOL...

You can do the West coast to the midlands then (on your bicycle), and I'll do everything to the East coast on me bike :-p

And... eh no, it'd have to be MacStumbler !!!

Advertisement