Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eggses

Options
  • 21-08-2008 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum or not for this but I thought I would share anyway. :)

Was doing my shopping yesterday and went to buy eggs, there were two crates of barn eggs and two of freerange. Freerange eggs all sold out, only one or two boxes of barn eggs gone. Do you think more people are starting to think ethically about their food choices, or am I a bit niave for something like that to put a smile on my face?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Paola L.

thats an interesting question... i dont know if people are starting to be more aware about their choices. my impression is that in ireland (in compare to italy) theres more attention about organic food, free range, etc...
    but, unfortunately, i'm very pessimistic about the compsuntion attitude. people (include me) don't reduce significantly their compsuntion, and that is (for me) the very BIG issue.
    not only what to buy... but "how many".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I think the campaigns by Jamie & Hugh have made a huge impact. A lot of people

1) Didn't think about where their food came from at all
    2) Didn't think it was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I was just thinking about that the other day, I sometimes do computer records for a wedding cake company and they've switched to free range eggs recently as customers were asking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

that is nice to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Interesting site here,
    http://www.thegoodeggawards.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement