Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest check-out assistants in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Jigsaw wrote: »
    For Boardsies that like to "fix" other peoples' posts, I can see a golden shower on my body in this post.

Diiiiiiirrrrrrrty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

A middle-aged woman upstairs in M&S on Grafton Street.
    An Indian girl that works in Boots in Stephen's Green shopping centre.
    Really nice Polish guy and a young Irish girl that work in Eurospar in Malahide (unlike the rest of them who are the rudest shop assistants I've ever met).

I'm sure there's a few more but in general I only remember the really rude ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I remember one time getting a bus and asking if it went to town. He didn't just say yes, he gave me the most enthusiastic and excited yes ever. I was really surprised because bus drivers are never that cheery. I remember leaving that bus with a more positive attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

marti101 wrote: »
    Im always nice to the customers even help pack their bags even the narky feckers.:DEspecially the narky ones cause it annoys them even more.

Anyone else notice that as soon as we started paying for plastic bags, they never* got packed anymore and shop attendants turned to dropping the crumpled bag in front of you. Before the introduction of the plastic bag levy, your bag was always** packed for you with a smile

*almost never
    **almost always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

In some random shop I was in, probably in the middle of nowhere (think it was in Hospital or Bruff in Limerick)

(middle aged female shop assistant)
    "Hello Handsome, how are you"
    (me taken aback) "fine thanks"
    (hands me change whilst smiles and looks in my eyes)
    "take care now!"

now why is it, and i dont mean to go off the topic but....................
    if that was the other way around, and it was a middle aged male shop assistant to a girl, the guards would be called!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

now why is it, and i dont mean to go off the topic but....................
    if that was the other way around, and it was a middle aged male shop assistant to a girl, the guards would be called!!

same is not true in reverse due to the unequal dynamic between men and women

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The staff in Marks and Spencer in Grafton street seem okay.
    Although a lot of them are obviously mildly touched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Fringe wrote: »
    I remember one time getting a bus and asking if it went to town. He didn't just say yes, he gave me the most enthusiastic and excited yes ever. I was really surprised because bus drivers are never that cheery. I remember leaving that bus with a more positive attitude.

Are you sure he wasnt like on drugs or anything ?

There is a very polite helpful american girl in the tescos at dun laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Degsy wrote: »

Mildly touched???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

On Daybreak on College Road in Cork there's a girl behind the deli from somewhere in Eastern Europe.
    Anyway, she usually looks grumpy and makes sandwiches/rolls without smiling. But she's served me so often now that I always get a smile off her, and once even a wink! ;)

If I wasn't so hideously unattractive, I'd think she fancied me.

I'd say you should leap over the hot counter next time and show her your breakfast roll; I'm romantic that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

fonpokno wrote: »
    There's a lovely fella working in Dunnes in Stephen's Green in the restaurant and he is the only happy person I've ever seen working in any Dunnes ever.

He's actually lovely! Smiles and makes eye contact and a bit of banter, he's just a sweetheart!

I work for Dunnes and i think its actually policy to make the staff miserable. An example, one of the east european lads in the deli, who is by his nature a smiley happy person, was told by the store manager to not smile and laugh while at work, no word of a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If it's the ones I'm thinking of it was me who mildly touched them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

adsgirl wrote: »
    Pair of right miserable gits work in the shop at Connolly Station:mad:
    They must work 24/7 always there...

They're pretty upbeat considering they are always there.

That lad who works the food counter in tesco, mullingar deserves a mention
    for putting up with me changing orders and still being cheerful.

Them women in Maynooth station as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I work in Easpoint business park in Clontarf. There is this old guy working behind the till at lunchtime who always chats to me. Get on great with him, and always asks me how the weekend was etc.

A1 legend.

Hauk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

You retards are just not using the internet correctly. This thread was supposed to be about jigsaw-jizzing away to people who are unaware you are looking at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

chamlis wrote: »
    I thought this was gonna be a hot chick picture thread.

/me wanders off
    I am equally disappointed. :(
    Wagon wrote: »
    Yeah. bollocks to this.

This ok for ye lads??
    I bet you went home and had relations with your fruit bowl after that little trip. Ya durty fecker :p

I beg your pardon? Please do elaborate....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

There is a Polish(?) girl in Hi Cafe in Cork who always has a great smile, it makes a big difference. I was in tescos last night and the girl serving was as miserable as f*ck, I felt about as welcome as Gary Glitter at a creche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

There is a Polish(?) girl in Hi Cafe in Cork who always has a great smile, it makes a big difference. I was in tescos last night and the girl serving was as miserable as f*ck, I felt about as welcome as Gary Glitter at a creche.

That, Sir, is my post of the week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Update....yep imo Dunnes are beating Tescos at the moment in "nicest staff" stakes....asked a Polish girl at the counter for a clubcard application form and she looked at me as though I had 3 heads and 5 arses...in the end I just gave up....meh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This ok for ye lads??

I beg your pardon? Please do elaborate....
    Durrp.

The Indian guy in the off-licence across the way is fairly sound and always polite.
    He always tells me about any bargains I might be interested in.
    I'm not allowed to go into an off-licence or pub at the moment though.

There's a hot chick in SuperValu across the road and she's really nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Tesco,me mammy works there and she's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

There's a shop on Dorset street (green shop / mini supermarket type place) and a lot of the staff are gorgeous eastern european girls and really polite They look like girls from a hostel film. They even look mischievous. Anyway, I sometimes walk the extra few minutes up the road on my lunch break just to cheer myself up.
    Hostel 3 will be a reality horror filmed in Dublin and it will be called "shop". Dubliners will be lured into the shop by the lovely shop assistants and then killed in the basement. Body parts will then be sold in the Deli. I'd stir clear of the sausage rolls if I where you :eek:

Still, worth the risk if you ask me. they're really nice and always smile and say thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

phenomenon wrote: »
    Self-service check-outs FTW

+1
    Except when they get all "unexpected item in the bagging area" cr@p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

efb wrote: »
    +1
    Except when they get all "unexpected item in the bagging area" cr@p

Plus the trying to get clearance when your buying booze and theres noone around to clear it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

There's a malaysian guy what works in the Spar on nassau st,very efficient and is always in a good mood.

Fukking right he's in a good mood, he's getting paid 44.50 Malaysia Ringgits an hour :eek:

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    There is a very nice and friend blonde Polish {I think} girl working in SuperValu on the Aston Quay.

Fukking right she's very nice, she's getting paid 30 Polish Zlotych an hour :eek:

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Nice chinese fella in spar.

Fukking right he's nice, he's getting paid 90 China Yuan an hour :eek:

adsgirl wrote: »
    Pair of right miserable gits work in the shop at Connolly Station:mad:
    They must work 24/7 always there...

Fukking right they're miserable gits , they're getting paid 7 Irish Pounds an hour, what did you expect, a fukking smile :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I remember the morning of my leaving cert I went to my local supervalu to get pens (yeah deadly serious) and there was the nicest girl at checkouts, absolutely beautiful.. ended up going out with her for the next 2 and a half years :D beat that..

Or anyone remember the esso garage on the western road in cork and the fella with the funny eye, you'd go up to the hatch (not me, I'm great) and he'd just refuse you straight away. You then ask why, and he says because "I don't like the look of you!" Priceless!

• Advertisement

I've usually had customers remark on how happy/nice/friendly I am whilst serving them, but it's all well and good until one decides to shove it down your throat.

After that it's near impossible to do it again.

Advertisement