Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gail Kim leaves TNA

• 21-08-2008 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From www.wrestlingobserver.com :
    Gail Kim has left the promotion and her name was taken off the web site. We hope to have more details on this tomorrow.

Hopefully she'll get a second shot in the WWE.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think she is going to WWE as they are actively looking for ethnic stars. Not only that but she has improved greatly since her last time in WWE. Being a stunner doesnt hurt either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mrpobb

anybody else think the make-up she wears makes her look weird? saw her sister at impact looks exactly like her only wasn't wearing the make and looked awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

her sister is earl hebners daughter :O

what the deuce????? you cannot be serious!! next you will tell me that melina is j.r's daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

No she is jerry lawlers daughter....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Very very strange, don't see why a female wrestler would leave TNA where it's taken more seriously and they have more time to display there skills for (presumably) the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Very very strange, don't see why a female wrestler would leave TNA where it's taken more seriously and they have more time to display there skills for (presumably) the WWE.

money i would have thought would be main reason to go back to wwe.

she is also highly thought of by the WWE, during wrestlemania 22 week she was staying in the wwe hotel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To be honest WWE have been giving Womens wrestling far more time on both shows in recent times and what they are doing atm does seem much more like Wrestling than it often used to be when Divas fought (I have seen Finlay credited for improvements in certain female wrestlers like Kelly Kelly who is vastley better in the ring). There is also the obvious incentive of more cash with the WWE and the fact that there is now a womens belt on both Brands means that someone like Gail Kim could be seen as both a wrestler and stunner on either show.

with no CW division and no emphasis on the Tag division its my opinon that Vince has decided that there actually is potential in the Womens division, maybe although he doesent consider them competition he has seen through TNA that womens wrestling doesent just have to be filler.

ECW matches have replaced Womens matches as piss/snack break time on PPV's for me (not that ECW matches really last long enough)

do TNA have a no compete clause like WWE or could she just turn up on Raw/SD in a week or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's a big blow for TNA. The women are still the main consistent ratings draw for TNA and Gail is probably the best that they had

If she does head back to WWE I'm sure she'll manage better than Chris Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It is a big loss for TNA but it is now obvious why Taylor Wilde was pushed so far so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

http://www.wrestlingunlimited.com/news/221342077

TNAWrestlingNews.com is now reporting that Gail Kim is jumping ship and heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment. They are reporting that she was offered a very sizeable offer and has taken them up on the deal.

TNAWrestlingNews.com is also reporting that Gim's contract is up about to run up and she will be free to start working for WWE once it expires. The decision for her to leave TNA for WWE was completely financial as she had been happy in TNA. The deal she was offered was a big one and hard to pass up.

Kim left TNA on extremely good terms and the door is always open for a return according to TNAWrestlingNews.com sources.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good stuff Gail Kim back on a show i usually watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

jeffk wrote: »

TNAWrestlingNews.com is now reporting that Gail Kim is jumping ship and heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment. They are reporting that she was offered a very sizeable offer and has taken them up on the deal.

Good for her.

jeffk wrote: »

TNAWrestlingNews.com is also reporting that Gim's contract is up about to run up and she will be free to start working for WWE once it expires. The decision for her to leave TNA for WWE was completely financial as she had been happy in TNA. The deal she was offered was a big one and hard to pass up.

Kim left TNA on extremely good terms and the door is always open for a return according to TNAWrestlingNews.com sources.

This news is actually from pwinsider:
    Former TNA Knockout champion Gail Kim will be heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment, according to several WWE sources. From what I am told, it was a pretty sizeable offer so I'd expect her to be pretty heavily in the Diva mix when she debuts.

Kim's contract with TNA was coming up, so once it expires, she is free to start working for WWE. I was told the decision was completely a financial one, not anything stemming from unhappiness over how she was booked or presented by TNA, which made her the nucleus of their Knockouts division when it officially launched last year.

TNA sources indicate that Kim left on extremely good terms and as one person told me, the "door is always open". I am told there was no heat over her departure. Kim's final TNA appearance will be on tonight's Impact broadcast, facing TNA rival Awesome Kong in a Street Fight.

That news story just looks like a lot of educated guessing.

That news story just looks like a lot of educated guessing.

That news story being?

The one directly above where my post would have been on the last page.

The one directly above where my post would have been on the last page.

But there is two stories in that post

I meant the entire piece in general.

I meant the entire piece in general.

No I still dont see any guessing, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

thats awful news

the woman has real talent

she has real talent and the TNA is outhere

WWE is jaded and old

rovert wrote: »
    No I still dont see any guessing, sorry.

I'm sorry but near anyone on this forum could have put that piece together, Gail Kim was happy in TNA (see recent PowerSlam interview with her) so logic would dictate that a substantial financial offer would be all that would have lured her away. The only way she could leave is if her contract was near completion and unless there was a huge bust up (which to the best of my knowledge there hasn't), TNA would take their former top woman and first Womens Champion back if the opportunity arose. And I said educated guessing and not guessing. Most people could have put that together without any insider knowledge and probably been right.

The only way she could leave is if her contract was near completion

Wrestlers leave all the time when their contract isn't near completion. Usually because they're not wanted or needed, but if Gail really wanted out and her contract wasn't close to up, she probably could have got out

Man - she is hot. TNA women are soo much better than WWE

Im sticking with TNA

I'm sorry but near anyone on this forum could have put that piece together, Gail Kim was happy in TNA (see recent PowerSlam interview with her) so logic would dictate that a substantial financial offer would be all that would have lured her away. The only way she could leave is if her contract was near completion and unless there was a huge bust up (which to the best of my knowledge there hasn't), TNA would take their former top woman and first Womens Champion back if the opportunity arose. And I said educated guessing and not guessing.

Monty Brown or Chris Harris or Ron Killings werent given substantial financial offers.
    Kim could have asked for a release as well.
    Kim might have gone back to stunut work.
    Most people could have put that together without any insider knowledge and probably been right.

This might be true but a credible news source (not most people) went on the record and confirmed it. It is no longer just a rumour.

Yes but it probably would have taken more time as I couldn't see TNA letting one of their top women draws out of their contract very easily.

CDfm wrote: »
    thats awful news

the woman has real talent

she has real talent and the TNA is outhere

WWE is jaded and old
    Man - she is hot. TNA women are soo much better than WWE

Im sticking with TNA

Yawn, great attempt at trolling here :rolleyes: That second post really expanded your point.

Kim could have asked for a release as well.

Why would someone who is happy with what they are doing ask for their release?

Why would someone who is happy with what they are doing ask for theier release?

To make more money and be even happier

• Advertisement

Fozzy, I didn't think you were that shallow, money isn't everything;).

Why would someone who is happy with what they are doing ask for theier release?

Women wrestlers are different than males wrestlers as theyve much shorter careers, more effected by injuries and are paid less. They also have greater work:life considerations as time goes on. So it is very important to get the best paid work they can find.

Machismo seems a little bitter. I just hope to god Gail doesn't end up fighting for the my little poney belt

Nah, I think with a little more work Taylor can easily fill Gails role. Though Gail Kim is much better than all WWE have at the moment.

Taylor Wilde is absolutely terrible. I like TNA and love some elements of the knockout division but my idea of a wrestling match is not watching taylor do umpteen dropkicks and score a roll up every ****ing week

She does a nice few suplexs when she isn't wrestling Kong and what she does looks smooth.

• Advertisement

There's a massive massive difference between this
    She does a nice few suplexs when she isn't wrestling Kong and what she does looks smooth.
    and this
    with a little more work Taylor can easily fill Gails role.

Fair enough, easily was a bit of an understatement but she is quite good.

my god i've been reading though this thread and i think rovert and bubs need to chill.These women work very hard and Gail is awesome and as for Taylor, there is only so much she can do with kong and i'm sure it's not her idea to win and work matches the way she does. Why not appreciate these women for the incredibly talented performers that they are

mrpobb wrote: »
    These women work very hard and Gail is awesome and as for Taylor, there is only so much she can do with kong and i'm sure it's not her idea to win and work matches the way she does. Why not appreciate these women for the incredibly talented performers that they are

You do what this topic is about dont you? The title is a clue.
    my god i've been reading though this thread and i think rovert and bubs need to chill.

Why do I need to chill? I made some sober points and that is it.

She was backstage at a FCW show this week so it looks like she is heading to WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »

Perhaps she'd like to ply her trade in front of a worldwide TV audience and live gates of 15,000 plus on a regular basis instead of a typical PPV TV audience of 60,000 and the SOLD OUT!(allegedly) impact Zone?

flahavaj wrote: »
    a typical PPV TV audience of 60,000

Stop being so sensational and optimistic :pac:

Fozzy wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

That was initially my thought but if the average viewership was 2/3 people per buy maybe 60 thousand are watching it. I dunno what the average viewership is for 1 ppv buy of TNA's is though. Not that it really matters!

my god i've been reading though this thread and i think rovert and bubs need to chill.These women work very hard and Gail is awesome and as for Taylor, there is only so much she can do with kong and i'm sure it's not her idea to win and work matches the way she does. Why not appreciate these women for the incredibly talented performers that they are

Right on. I liked the way the Gail Kim and Awesome Kong story was developing.

Anyone remember Ricky the Dragon Steamboats babyface characters in the early 90S - Barry Windham & Dustin Rhodes. The original Sting. Steve Regal.

Classic epic feuds.Long bouts. Entertainment.

Its great to see TNA get back to basics

That was initially my thought but if the average viewership was 2/3 people per buy maybe 60 thousand are watching it. I dunno what the average viewership is for 1 ppv buy of TNA's is though. Not that it really matters!

Come again?

Its great to see TNA get back to basics

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Its even less than that?For some reason i had that number in my head! Even funnier in that case.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its even less than that?For some reason i had that number in my head! Even funnier in that case.:pac:

They only came to that number once maybe twice in the company's history. The rest of the time they've havent come close. The only two matches that did those numbers are Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle very first match and the MMA influenced match this year. Their PPV buyrates have never grown outside a very small range outside of those matches.

On Gail Kim TNA gave her a new contract and she never bothered to negotiate any further with them.

On Gail Kim TNA gave her a new contract and she never bothered to negotiate any further with them.

You know this because you were in the TNA offices when this happened ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement