Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gail Kim leaves TNA

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You know this because you were in the TNA offices when this happened ?

No, but that is what happened as WWE offered her a contract TNA wouldnt compete with. The she left on good terms and the door is open for her return. This isnt the minority opinion anywhere. Tell me what really happened Dre then? Is not like she refused to put Kong over or anything, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I love the way you try to pass off specualtion as fact just because you said it, granted it is the most likely explanation but still nobody knows for sure

EdK wrote: »
    I love the way you try to pass off specualtion as fact just because you said it, granted it is the most likely explanation but still nobody knows for sure

What do you mean speculation it has been confirmed by everyone uniformly. TNA were blindsided by her departure watch IMPACT the past few weeks for the introduction of her storyline sister and featured her in a main event match. Do you think that TNA thought she was going to leave or were angry with her/playing games if they did all that? Her departure was nothing like Ron Killing's.There were no negotiations beyond a preliminary offer by TNA; it wasn’t a prolonged process or a bidding war. People actually do know for sure on this issue yet you offer no reason why they wouldn’t. You are just trolling here for no reason.

What they lost:
    TNA Impact drew a 1.1 rating, which is in line with the ratings the show was drawing before the Olympics started. The highest rated segment of the night was for the Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong street fight, which earned a 1.20 rating in the seventh quarter-hour. The main event ladder match between Kurt Angle and A.J. Styles dropped to a 1.15.

rovert wrote: »
    No, but that is what happened as WWE offered her a contract TNA wouldnt compete with. The she left on good terms and the door is open for her return. This isnt the minority opinion anywhere. Tell me what really happened Dre then? Is not like she refused to put Kong over or anything, is it?

Yes David Brent here, Fact !!

I dont know what happened i wasnt there, none of us were there.

Reported for trolling.

Where are all the people who jump on me about rude behaviour now?

You've yet to make any form of a case why this couldnt be close to the truth yet you continue to attack me. While reported factual circumstances which gives credence to my belief that the story is largerly true. I dont know why you've singled out me or this particular issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I dont know what happened i wasnt there, none of us were there.

You don't have to be there to draw the logical conclusions. Anyway, the people who were there have confirmed the logical conclusions to the newsletters

Goodness gracious me do I ever feel vindicated after reading this weeks Observer. As most of the conclusions I drew were actually correct. Id quote the article but Id just be repeating myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Goodness gracious me do I ever feel vindicated after reading this weeks Observer. As most of the conclusions I drew were actually correct. Id quote the article but Id just be repeating myself.
    Sigh.

From an outsider's perspective, it would appear the issue was not whether you were right or wrong (I should think it was obvious to pretty much everyone what had transpired), but rather at issue was you presenting your opinion of what happened as fact.
    But it is an uninteresting and unimportant aside.

Would I be right in saying TNA does not build in non-compete clauses in their contracts?

• Advertisement

From an outsider's perspective, it would appear the issue was not whether you were right or wrong (I should think it was obvious to pretty much everyone what had transpired), but rather at issue was you presenting your opinion of what happened as fact.
    But it is an uninteresting and unimportant aside.

Please show me where I presented my opinion as fact? Any facts I cited independently. I made my own opinion as a result of viewing those facts.

On Gail Kim TNA gave her a new contract and she never bothered to negotiate any further with them.

You quoted this as pretty much fact ?

Now im guessing one of the following ......

1 : You are a sports jouralist and your contacts within the wrestling business told you this information.

2 : Gail Kim is a personal friend of yours and she told you.

3 : You read it on the internet and you are just repeating it.

You quoted this as pretty much fact?

Now im guessing one of the following ......

1 : You are a sports jouralist and your contacts within the wrestling business told you this information.

2 : Gail Kim is a personal friend of yours and she told you.

3 : You read it on the internet and you are just repeating it.

3, but the quote isnt opinon nor is it presented as such, I dont express any of my own thoughts:
    On Gail Kim TNA gave her a new contract and she never bothered to negotiate any further with them.

This was widely reported intitally then confimed in great detail by this week's Wrestling Observer.

By Wade Keller, PWTorch editor

PWTorch has learned that Gail Kim has personally reached out to Dixie Carter to see if a deal can be struck for her to return to TNA after all. As PWTorch has reported in multiple instances over the past week, friends have said she felt terrible about leaving TNA, but felt she had to because WWE's offer was at least triple what TNA's supposed final offer was.

Kim did reportedly meet with WWE officials, but has been hestitant to sign a deal with WWE due to her happiness with working for TNA - other than the lowball offer she was given.

From what we understand, neither Kim nor Dixie Carter were happy with the way TNA reps and Kim's reps (lawyers and/or agent) handled the negotiations, and both have decided to at least see if a return could be worked out.

Carter has asked some tough questions to people within TNA lately whom she trusted to handle this part of the business well; there are indications she felt out of the loop and wanted to try to make the situation right.

Keller's Analysis: It's good that TNA may be able to make this situation right. Kim badly wanted to stay with TNA and, as we reported, had to be talked into the only dignified move - walking away from TNA's insultingly lowball offer considering the hard numbers of what she's drawn in her matches on Impact (usually the ighest rated of each show she's on) and her popularity behind the scenes and the respect her colleagues have for her. I've also heard there was a backlash among several TNA wrestlers - women and men - that TNA didn't pay her due respect with a fair-minded renewal offer.

Typical woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

She might have figured out that she probably deserves the same amount that WWE were offering from TNA. Without her and Kong Impact would be doing 0.9s a lot more

Fozzy wrote: »
    She might have figured out that she probably deserves the same amount that WWE were offering from TNA. Without her and Kong Impact would be doing 0.9s a lot more

I remember heard Kevin Nash bringing an actual graph to tv tapings a while ago showing that the women were vastly under paid. To me Gail is a AJ Styles level star and deserves similar pay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement