Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with Giovanni Dos Santos?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Got a couple questions about this lad, some of them may seem kind of inane, anyway...

What are we meant to call him I've seen Giovanni, Dos Santos and I've heard just Santos aswell. It always seems to be the case especially with hispanic players that mess around with the first/last name.

What position does he play? Seems an obvious one I know, but on the clubs official site in the first team players, it has him as a striker. It's the same in the Fapremierleague fantasy football. Are they just trying to cover up the fact that with Berbs leaving, Bent effectively becomes our sole striker. Or is it a case that they intend to move this lad up after blooding him in midfield?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think his best position is as a support striker, playing kind of like Keane. He drifts a lot to either wing, can run and dribble with the ball, and can finish when needed too. I reckon he'd set up more goals than score. I'm sure he could be played on the left of midfield too, though I don't know how effective he'll be there.

Couldn't tell you what we're supposed to be calling him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

To the tune of Volare (Dean Martin)

Dos Santos whoaaa
    Dos Santos whoaaa
    He comes from Mexico
    He is a Yiddo

I know it's been used by other clubs but football chants are nothing but plagiarism anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Gio was what cules called him, he is a winger who likes to cut inside and take players on.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

He can play in attacking midfield, left wing but originally was used by Barca and Mexico as a striker. I think any worries that he wouldn't take to the English game have been put to bed. The kid has a Messi-esque ease on the ball. Seems to glide.

I think he could well prove to be a big player for us THIS season, obviously pending the Berb sit and I am hearing that the on-again-off-again transfer saga for Arshavin looks very much on again with Advocatt saying he still expects him to go to Spurs with rumours Zenit have dropped the price......

For a tune though how about...

(To the tune of our boy Ronaldo)

He comes from the left..
    He comes from the right...
    Our boy Dos Santos....
    Makes Ronaldo look ****e...

Plagerism at it's finest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

For a tune though how about...

(To the tune of our boy Ronaldo)

He comes from the left..
    He comes from the right...