Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Didn't do a maths course did you?
    2/0 = 0 (or Error if on calculator)...
    0 x Anything = 0

:p
    Jack Bower can divide by zero :p
    EI-DAV wrote: »
    Can't wait. I miss the lodge :eek:

You miss the lodge :eek:. Do you also miss crapping in your pants when you were a kid?

*maybe you still crap your pants ;):p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I was in Le Lodge last night. Twas empty- has been all summer. And then when students come back twill be full and I'll have to queue. There should be a loyalty card. This upsets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I guess the students are really providing a service to all these places keeping them open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

1huge1 wrote: »
    I guess the students are really providing a service to all these places keeping them open.

Thats what I said to the bouncer as he was dragging me out one night :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

1huge1 wrote: »

EI-DAV wrote: »
    Thats what I said to the bouncer as he was dragging me out one night :cool:

:D

Oh the best advice I can give is make the most of it....especially early on. My course is 4 years as most are but it goes by so fast. 1st year is just two periods of a few weeks so its over in a flash.....I enjoyed it, didn't let it pass me by for the most part which I'm happy about. The only thing I regret is that when I moved into my accommodation we got to know the neighbours next door but we didnt go around to the other houses as much.......so make sure you pay all your neighbours a visit early on :)......most people are friendly.

Second year was different although we kinda made the mistake again of not getting to know more of the neighbours, I had moved out of the student village and I was only there for the first semester. I went on co-op in Jan.....cant believe its August now. Heading off on erasmus ai a few weeks.....argh I'm only gonna have 3 semesters left when I come back :(.....I'll have to make the most of it!

I know loads of people that will be gone when I get back, between their co-ops and erasmus placements. I remember in first year talking about this with the house mates, 1st and 4th year would be the only years we'd be spending a full year in ul and our co-ops would be in different semesters.....there are pros and cons with this I guess.

Anyway as for the credit card, they're really handy for ebay etc. One word of advice though, if you're ever getting money out at atm with it, dont ask your friend how much you should take out.... after a few pints they might just decide to hit the button for ya and take out 200 :o.........it was some night though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement