Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 toll barrier removal

Options
  • 21-08-2008 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm sorry I know that there is a thread on this already, but after hearing the report on RTE news yesterday I am hopping mad at the NTR statement that there will be significant disruption for up to 3 months as they are taking down the barriers!! It was then a blatant lie from their original statement that claimed that all would be in place by the end of August. So on top of M50 road works that cause major build ups of traffic on a daily basis we are now apparently going to have new traffic management systems that will snake traffic through the toll building area as they are dismanteling the barriers.

Question if it is going to take 3 months to complete, why the hell did they not start in May/June when the school holidays and vacation time started to kick in. Why wait until the schools are back and they inevitable build up of traffic that comes with that.:mad::mad:

It is going to be a NIGHTMARE!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

The lying is not surprising.

Remember when they used to argue that the toll barriers weren't causing delays, that it was other problems?

Then they announce barrier-free tolling as a measure to speed up your journey and pu out chirpy cartoony ads to promote it.

And jack up the prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pastyp

They are absolute incompetent idiots! They annoucne one week before barrier free tolling was to come into place, ' oh by the way that will take three months of motoring tailback hell, suckers!'

Idiots!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

God I'm glad I no longer have to use the M50 every morning but I feel your pain pastyp. In fairness, while the toll bridge is a bottleneck, I think that peoples complete and utter incompetence when merging is a greater source of congestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

pastyp wrote: »
    I'm sorry I know that there is a thread on this already, but after hearing the report on RTE news yesterday I am hopping mad at the NTR statement that there will be significant disruption for up to 3 months as they are taking down the barriers!! It was then a blatant lie from their original statement that claimed that all would be in place by the end of August. So on top of M50 road works that cause major build ups of traffic on a daily basis we are now apparently going to have new traffic management systems that will snake traffic through the toll building area as they are dismanteling the barriers.

Question if it is going to take 3 months to complete, why the hell did they not start in May/June when the school holidays and vacation time started to kick in. Why wait until the schools are back and they inevitable build up of traffic that comes with that.:mad::mad:

It is going to be a NIGHTMARE!:mad:

Its a Government office .... aren't you used to it by now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 pastyp

Sadly I'm not surprised. Who's for treating the Government ministers and those in NTR responsible for this fiasco to a free bungy jump of the toll bridge, less the bungy rope!!!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It is amazing really, the guy who was on the six o'clock news said that some people who didn't even use the motor-way would receive bills incorrectly in the post! And sure all you have to do is just ring our call centre and sort it out!!!

In Germany they have been looking at using on vehicle satellite tracking for tolls, so people pay for the the type/amount of road they use, but they found it still wasn't accurate enough. IE you can't send people bills in the post if your not 100% sure it was them!!!

Let me guess when it messes up the minister for transport will say "ahh that's NRA's problem".

I guess we should be used to it by now:-
    Flooding all around the country, Minister for the Environment said "That's the office of public works problem, we just give them their budget"!!

Hospital problems, Minister for Health says "That's the HSEs problem"!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think I shall purchase the number 1 instead of a tag and simply attach it to my number plate, "el cheapo tag" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hahah crazy stuff.

Glad I won't be giving them any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Pft its not gonna make a difference.

They have closed the sections that were 3 or 4 lanes back to 2 or 3 lanes and the traffic is now worse than ever. For the past week its been backed up to the toll bridge when you're going southbound, so its not the toll bridge that's holding things up.

Its a sick joke really, pay your 2 euro toll, then speed off from the booth only to realise that traffic is already in a queue 100 metres ahead of you. Then debate whether to go down the N4 through town and not use the motorway or sit in a jam for the next 40 minutes. JOKERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

pastyp wrote: »
    I am hopping mad
    Come on, is that really an excuse to start a new thread?
    At least you could have named it something useful to give it a reason to exist, like "M50 barrier removal to take 3 months".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Let's keep the discussion in the sticky!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement