Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicolas Roche signs with AG2R

Options
  • 21-08-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Irish pro road cyclist Nicolas Roche, currently racing for Crédit Agricole, has signed a two-year contract with ProTour outfit AG2R, team manager Vincent Levenu said Wednesday.

Roche, who rode for Cofidis before joining Crédit Agricole in 2007, is leading the Tour du Limousin after winning Tuesday's first stage.

"Nicolas is a rider for the future with important physical attributes. He already has a good bit of experience on the professional scene and has matured," Levenu said.

Roche, 24, is the 2007 Irish time-trial champion, and son of cycling legend Stephen Roche, who won the Giro d'Italia, Tour de France and world championship road race, all in 1987.

From bikeradar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hack

that mean roche and deignan are guna be team-mates then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ledgehack

that should be interestin alright...

roche is actually doin well in a race at the min....tour du limousin...has the lead by 13 secs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Hack wrote: »
    that mean roche and deignan are guna be team-mates then??

Looks like it.

As an aside, I just looked at Deignan's profile, he's 1.81m and only 63kg! Holy crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Diarmuid wrote: »
    As an aside, I just looked at Deignan's profile, he's 1.81m and only 63kg! Holy crap
    Why's that strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

p wrote: »
    Why's that strange?

When you see the stats, it reminds you how light these guys are.

• Advertisement

p wrote: »
    Why's that strange?
    I'm 1.70/64kg and not exactly overweight. Even by a pro he is light. Nicolas Roche is 1.78 and 70kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Maybe I should turn pro. I'm 5' 7" and weigh just over 9 stone.

Then again it would be handy if I was any good:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm 190 and about 68kg.

:eek: Right. Diet time for me!

Advertisement