Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iranian metal

• 21-08-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

I saw a documentary on rte1 last night. It was on at about 12 in the evening and was about people living in Iran. One was a painter, one was a cello player, one was a skiier and one was a HEAVY METAL MUSICIAN! he played black metal and the cops kept raiding his gaff, anyone else see it-can you remember the name of his band?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Didn't see it but was it Milad Tnagshir from Ahoora?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw it last as well,good band,they should to western europe where there music would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

iran???? that's the last place in the world you'd think metal would exist....cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Interesting topic, our old friend on here "Ancient1" im sure told me although he's croation he spent many years in Iran and was saying that RUSH were a huge act for the people over there!?..couldnt believe it when he told me that, but he was adament about it, reckoned their stuff was sold in bucketfulls , kind of black market trading of all their music,,veryy veryy popular over there, still cant see them ever playing there tho haha :)

ciao' amigos,,,Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

the band was called scourge, he's had a few different bands too. What was the name of the programme? Been trying to remember to look it up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

FX Meister wrote: »
    the band was called scourge, he's had a few different bands too. What was the name of the programme? Been trying to remember to look it up

==>Brilliant, thanks for that. Can't remember the name of the programme (came in half-way through). Great stuff though, its one thing to say you're metal to the core by putting on a bit of white make-up; its quite another to say you're metal to the core and even endure being electrocuted by the police. That guy is a legend, and he didn't act like a stupid tough guy like some american bands, when they were interviewing him he was totally relaxed and normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

ZakAttak wrote: »
    Great stuff though, its one thing to say you're metal to the core by putting on a bit of white make-up; its quite another to say you're metal to the core and even endure being electrocuted by the police. That guy is a legend, and he didn't act like a stupid tough guy like some american bands, when they were interviewing him he was totally relaxed and normal.

+++

I just caught the end of it. I was quite interesting, although increadibly annoying the way it kept switching between the different people !!

Advertisement