Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend: 22-24/08/08

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

gimmick wrote: »
    92nd minute winner for Pats tonight
    An absolute belter from Damo Lynch!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was anyone watching the Pat's match on tv? I was at the game and am sure that one of the Sligo players literally punched the ball away while in the penalty area (and it wasn't the goalkeeper) The ref seemed to be the only one in the stadium who didn't see this? I obviously had no replays to confirm!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cork city v wexford youths, semi final of the league cup, 7.45 turners cross tonight.

easy win for city i think. Mathews will be resting some players, but I reckon we'll beat them by three at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Roar wrote: »
    cork city v wexford youths, semi final of the league cup, 7.45 turners cross tonight.

easy win for city i think. Mathews will be resting some players, but I reckon we'll beat them by three at least.
    If ''Yuffs'' play like they did at Tolka a few months ago, Cork will win, but it will be very VERY boring to watch.
    For 70 minutes + of the match they just sat in their own box and passed it about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"Yuffs" win one nil :eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did they play "the kids"?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

woops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Brilliant:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

woops!

indeed.

wexford deserve a lot of credit, came to turner's cross and played some decent football, and defended exceptionally well when their backs were to the wall second half.

we had our strongest team out and couldnt score.

the wexford keeper was phenomenal, made some superb saves.

denis behan missed a penalty early doors, if we had scored that we would have won easily i think, but the miss deflated the whole team.

wexford had more fans in the cross tonight than any other team has brought all season, talking to them at half time and afterwards, sound bunch of lads.

best of luck to youths in the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

They are a sound bunch, did they take their shoes off though?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Wow, fair play Wexford.

Nearly fell off my chair when I heard that Youths one
    Fair play to them though
    I'll be hoping they win in the final anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

indeed.

wexford deserve a lot of credit, came to turner's cross and played some decent football, and defended exceptionally well when their backs were to the wall second half.

we had our strongest team out and couldnt score.

the wexford keeper was phenomenal, made some superb saves.

denis behan missed a penalty early doors, if we had scored that we would have won easily i think, but the miss deflated the whole team.

wexford had more fans in the cross tonight than any other team has brought all season, talking to them at half time and afterwards, sound bunch of lads.

best of luck to youths in the final

Pretty much sums it up! Behan had a terrible, terrible game :(

Fair play to the Youths and the fans that travelled, being on a Monday night and all. Good luck to them in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

They are a sound bunch, did they take their shoes off though?!

You took the word outta my mouth:p
    Fair play to youths:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Huh? Shoes?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Huh? Shoes?
    At their home matches they all take off their shoes and shake them about in the air.
    Haven't a clue why. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What bus leaves you closest to Dalymount Park??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

monkey9 wrote: »

120, 121, 122, 38, 38a all leave you at St. Peters Church, nearest you're going to get. You can get buses to Phibsborough Shopping Centre which the only one I know of is the 19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

monkey9 wrote: »
    Where you travelling from? 4, 4A, 19, 19A will all take you from O'Connell St to Phibsboro Shopping Centre (there might be others too).

Advertisement