Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, CAO made a mistake??? URGENT

Options
  • 21-08-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

OK , So in the LC I got 330 points
    my number 1 course was for multimedia at 400 points. I knew might not get it,but if I did get it I wanted to defer it and do a PLC.

heres where Im confused. On my CAO letter, the bit at the top that has the course codes and points has put 678 under the multimedia code, then at the bottom I have one of those tear off bits for my multimedia course if I want to accept it! The website says the same thing. So I can accept it??? I would straight away if I didn't have to defer, now Im worried that If I do defer they'll see it as a mistake and I won't get the place!!!
    I need to post off my deferall letter ASAP, I have very good reasons for it.

If I guess Id say its cos I filled out a disability form for the CAO, is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

Was it a restricted course where you needed a portfolio or did you have to go to an interview for it?

If so, the additional points could be from either the interview or portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I reckon you could accept it, but they could always chase you up about it afterwards.... is your school still open? i would suggest asking your guidance counsellor!

If that fails, if you arent sure, ring the CAO

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Rang the school, no teachers there, got the numbers of the only two guidance councellors/career teachers. left voicemails, rang housephones, actually went to one of their houses and she wasn't home, rang the CAO and they said to contact the college, college phone isnt open yet for today.
    Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with this?
    Oh and didn't have interview of portfolio...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

^ at the moment that all I can assume, it just seems like a lot of points to drop for a learning disability... I was assuming Id get about a 10 or 20 drop at best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement