Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant -

Options
  • 21-08-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

I am just too frustrated right now...

It is beyond me that in this city we can't have piece of mind of cycling into work or anywhere.

Wheels being robbed from my work ' secured' bike shed this week, and they also came back for more.

I am just appalled by these low life/ low moral/ low brain activity scum bags that can't get a job and instead make other's life a pain in the bum.

8years old Kids in my estate bragging that they had broken into a car. I am very disappointed by human nature...
    Sorry ... just very very frustrated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Not your good wheels I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

blorg wrote: »
    Not your good wheels I hope?
    Nothing was stolen off me. I drove into work this week to get my new bike when it arrived ( Today!!) but I am cyling in again from tomorrow.
    I use a combination of 3 locks when locking my bike to the shed. If it's the case that people just don't lock their bikes properly that could be easily fixed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Man - screw the bike shed. Lock it to your desk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Man - screw the bike shed. Lock it to your desk :D

I did this in my last job as there was no secure bike parking. No one told me not to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

When I cycle my Ridley in I stick it behind me here (im at my desk now!). Got told one day by this tool who is known for his tool-ishness that it was a hazard and someone could trip and die going past it (???) and that I was to take it outside now. I kinda smirked thinking he was taking the piss and when he said he was serious I told him where to go stick it.

Oooh, this ranting is quite cathartic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭WicklowRacer

Yep, my LaPierre Tech 7 is sitting quietly behind my desk. Nowhere else is safe. I've had ongoing rows with health and safety, security, office cleaners etc but ultimately as no-one is prepared to underwrite the risk of putting the bike into the "secure" bike shed, they've been told to stick it up their collective arses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Calling it a Health & Safety risk is ridiculous. That's be like someone saying my office phone is a risk because I could smack aomeone over the head with it.

Luckily we have a spot where I work in the basement to leave bikes with CCTV. People don't even have to lock bikes there. Also we have a secured undergorund car-park, but that's shared with a couple of other companies, so I tend to use the basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

My Scott SUB 10 is sitting peacefully downstairs in an used office / store room. God bless working in a small company. Can even leave her overnight / over the weekend if I ever fancy an impromptu drink after work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

christeb wrote: »
    My Scott SUB 10 is sitting peacefully downstairs in an used office / store room. God bless working in a small company. Can even leave her overnight / over the weekend if I ever fancy an impromptu drink after work

Nice set-up. I'd hope for similar myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I remember reading an interview with *I think* a Spanish fella who worked in Cycleways. He didn't understand the treatment of bikes here - wheels kicked into 90 degree angles, shells of bikes left attached to lamposts etc. He said that in Spain, they either rob it or leave it alone - no torture at all.

I'm currently leave my bike in the locker room here. Indoors, safe and dry. I'm anticipating a Health and Safety style fight over it, but that hasn't transpired yet. I'm going to play the 'raising money for children etc.' card if they try to make me put it out in the punishing and bike damaging elements. I'll feel a little bit bad, but there's an element of truth there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

I'm keeping my bike in my office. The worst part of leaving my baby is when I go home and leave it in secured garage with CCTV got myself big nice chain that's used for motorcycles after some nacker tried to steal my wheels/frame and failed due to two locks I have. So every time I'm going to garage in the morning I worry that my bike can be either stolen or damaged. After 1st attempt when they failed, they come twice and took most of the bikes. Our management company don't take any responsibility for that. As it's secured and got CCTV...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

omri wrote: »
    I'm keeping my bike in my office. The worst part of leaving my baby is when I go home and leave it in secured garage with CCTV got myself big nice chain that's used for motorcycles after some nacker tried to steal my wheels/frame and failed due to two locks I have. So every time I'm going to garage in the morning I worry that my bike can be either stolen or damaged. After 1st attempt when they failed, they come twice and took most of the bikes. Our management company don't take any responsibility for that. As it's secured and got CCTV...

Bring it into your flat. Just move it into the bedroom (and close the door) if the landlord comes around.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

My bike is locked into a caged area accessible only by swipe card....who knows though if it's totally safe!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

..not if the Mission Impossible team get wind of it????

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The landlord's policy in my office is that all bikes should be locked in two bike racks in an outdoor carpark. This is despite the fact that there are only ten places in the racks and usually more than fifteen bikes. Carpark has electronic gates but I'm still wary about leaving mine in public view. I've found a place in the basement to stash it. Haven't had a row about it yet, but if it comes to it, they'll be told where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Chris Peak wrote: »
    Bring it into your flat. Just move it into the bedroom (and close the door) if the landlord comes around.:D

And lock the door securely if you're so inclined...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7095134.stm

(no offence:D)

OMFG :eek::eek::eek:

How did you Come happen upon that???
    :D

I like his excuse that it was a misunderstanding due to having too much to drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

At least one Boards user does the bike in the bed bit (I believe he also showers with the bike :eek:)

796px-Tinyexplosions.jpg

I'd hate think what he's done with the pedals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I am just too frustrated right now...

It is beyond me that in this city we can't have piece of mind of cycling into work or anywhere.

Wheels being robbed from my work ' secured' bike shed this week, and they also came back for more.

I am just appalled by these low life/ low moral/ low brain activity scum bags that can't get a job and instead make other's life a pain in the bum.

8years old Kids in my estate bragging that they had broken into a car. I am very disappointed by human nature...
    Sorry ... just very very frustrated.

Had my car broken into on Sunday night. It's a heap of **** so they only wanted it for a night of "lols" as there's no way anyone would buy it. God damn degenerates!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Haha blorg, admit it, you can empathise totally with the pic you posted :p

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    At least one Boards user does the bike in the bed bit (I believe he also showers with the bike :eek:)

796px-Tinyexplosions.jpg

How did he attach that clock to his spokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    How did he attach that clock to his spokes?

It's my old school computer! Floavour Flav stylee you know...

As for the shower.... Muc Off works great as shampoo :)

don't ask about the pedals...

Advertisement