Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying from word to boards..Font issues?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am trying to copy from word to boards but I get a mess of [*FONT errors.

Can you help me solve this issue? I presume if I use a font in word that boards uses I will have no issue? If so what font are you using?

Thanks
    Daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you're using Word 2007, that composes documents by default in Calibri, which is not a supported web font.

Use Arial or Tahoma and you should be fine.

Ideally, don't use word at all. Use notepad or another plaintext editor and all your formatting trouble will seem so far away. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

seamus wrote: »
    If you're using Word 2007, that composes documents by default in Calibri, which is not a supported web font.

Use Arial or Tahoma and you should be fine.

Ideally, don't use word at all. Use notepad or another plaintext editor and all your formatting trouble will seem so far away. :)
    By Golly By Gosh I think you are onto something Seamus. Ariel did the trick http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56984287&postcount=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

While I am here Gary Glitte in Duty Free... :D

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, that's hilarious, but not for Help Desk. Lolcaust is that way >>>

:)

Advertisement