Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the RC craze

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

If you're in a hurry try the phone instead of email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

T-Maxx wrote: »
    If you're in a hurry try the phone instead of email.
    Just did that and they said its ready to go out and should be sent tomorrow. So hopefully Friday but could be Monday.

Just heard back from hobbies ireland. I'm getting 4 litres of 25% from them plus he's giving me free delivery. Have to say very good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Just heard back from hobbies ireland. I'm getting 4 litres of 25% from them plus he's giving me free delivery. Have to say very good to deal with.

Told you he was good :cool:

I presume 25% is ok for the Hyper 7 ?

• Advertisement

I presume 25% is ok for the Hyper 7 ?

Oh Yes..!n:cool:

vectra wrote: »
    Oh Yes..!n:cool:
    Sweet, cos I seen a manual on the internet for it and it said to use 20% but I presume the extra 5 will give it a bit more umph !!?? :D

Won't have the fuel till Tuesday but I don't mind. The car was sent out from Apex models in England, anyone know how long it would take to come ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Sweet, cos I seen a manual on the internet for it and it said to use 20% but I presume the extra 5 will give it a bit more umph !!?? :D

That may be so. But is this your first nitro engine?
    You don't want to seize the engine on the 1st 30 minutes of use, and that's exactly what high nitro does when beginners (try to) use it in new engines.

For running in, rich settings and lower nitro is where it is at. :cool:

Doesn't apply if you have done some already .......

coolwings wrote: »
    That may be so. But is this your first nitro engine?
    You don't want to seize the engine on the 1st 30 minutes of use, and that's exactly what high nitro does when beginners (try to) use it in new engines.

For running in, rich settings and lower nitro is where it is at. :cool:

Doesn't apply if you have done some already .......
    This is my first one. I have the fuel more or less bought so what would you recommend I do with the engine: run it lean, rich for running in ?

• Advertisement

Too much to type again!

This thread: Specter 1/8th Buggy (from Carson via Green Hobby) has a full description of what is involved running in a high compression engine.

Too much to type again!

This thread: Specter 1/8th Buggy (from Carson via Green Hobby) has a full description of what is involved running in a high compression engine.
    Thanks for that, Hobao recommend running it on 20% so is there anything I would need to change on the engine before I run it in like adjust the HSN or LSN for 25%?

Does the manual make suggestions for first runs?

If you have more nitro than is suitable, you eat glowplugs (requiring spares), and will also need it set richer than the suggested setting.

But how much richer to reduce 25% to a virtual 20%? Maybe a 1/4 turn. Only the person with the engine knows. It's because the engine tells you by it's behaviour.

Does the manual make suggestions for first runs?

If you have more nitro than is suitable, you eat glowplugs (requiring spares), and will also need it set richer than the suggested setting.

But how much richer to reduce 25% to a virtual 20%? Maybe a 1/4 turn. Only the person with the engine knows. It's because the engine tells you by it's behaviour.
    Not as far as I know.

I know what you mean, I guess I'll just have to try it and see how it goes.

Still no buggy yet :(

Don't know who it was sent with, I presume ordinary post ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

It was probably courier and you should be able to get a tracking number?

When exactly was it sent?
    Sometimes it takes days.. then again it can take over a week

I got 2 deliveries from the UK this morning
    One was sent last Monday
    the other was sent last Wed.

Dont panic. :cool:

It was sent last Wedesday. I have a tracking umber but it doesn't seem to work, its a 13 digit number with GB at the end. I've sent an email to Apex just to see if they can confirm I have the correct number. I presume it was royal mail. I was reckoning maybe 3-5 working days for delivery.

Fuel is coming tommorrow so it'll be a killer if the buggy doens't come. I already even have the fuel filler bottle got last Friday :)

Ah I guess I should just hope for the best.

I've tried the tracking number on an posts site and it won't work which I thought it would if it was in the country by now because I got a heli from hong kong and the hong kong tracking number worked in the an post site. It is identical to the one I have for the buggy as its 13 digits long and it had HK at the end where as the buggy one has GB on the end.

It was sent last Wedesday. I have a tracking umber but it doesn't seem to work, its a 13 digit number with GB at the end. I've sent an email to Apex just to see if they can confirm I have the correct number. I presume it was royal mail. I was reckoning maybe 3-5 working days for delivery.

Fuel is coming tommorrow so it'll be a killer if the buggy doens't come. I already even have the fuel filler bottle got last Friday :)

Ah I guess I should just hope for the best.

I've tried the tracking number on an posts site and it won't work which I thought it would if it was in the country by now because I got a heli from hong kong and the hong kong tracking number worked in the an post site. It is identical to the one I have for the buggy as its 13 digits long and it had HK at the end where as the buggy one has GB on the end.

Royal mails courier service is parcel force. If the package is coming to Ireland the tracking number does not update once it comes across the pond. I'd imagine it should still work though on the royal mail site - just no update.

What kind of heli do you have?
    Also where are you getting it delivered to...if there's no one at the address often they will just carry on and try to deliver it the next day without leaving a note. It could be sitting in the nearest depot to you now.

Royal mails courier service is parcel force. If the package is coming to Ireland the tracking number does not update once it comes across the pond. I'd imagine it should still work though on the royal mail site - just no update.

What kind of heli do you have?
    Also where are you getting it delivered to...if there's no one at the address often they will just carry on and try to deliver it the next day without leaving a note. It could be sitting in the nearest depot to you now.
    The number doesn't seem to work on royal mails side. I asked Apex about it when I got the number first but they said it wasn't trackable but I do't understand how they could have a tracking number and not be able to track it :confused::confused:
    Also I've been around all day and wouldn't have missed any deliveries.

The heli is an Esky Lama V4 Co-comanche. Just learning how to fly it yet, just after putting the second set of new blades on it :eek:

• Advertisement

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get good cold glow plugs to suit the hyper 21 engine. I don't want to have to get them in the UK, what price are they from green hobby and model ?

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get good cold glow plugs to suit the hyper 21 engine. I don't want to have to get them in the UK, what price are they from green hobby and model ?

Not sure but you could always have asked where you got the nitro fuel from :rolleyes:

Also
    Dont panic like I said already.
    It will arrive
    if not .. then you can drink the nitro and run around like a headless chicken for a few days :D
    Only messing bud :cool:

Not sure but you could always have asked where you got the nitro fuel from :rolleyes:
    Might do that but he's already sent out the fuel so it would be double shipping costs. I'll leave it a few days first.
    Also
    Dont panic like I said already.
    It will arrive

Its not that Im panicing its just my summer is getting shorter and in less then two weeks I'm heading for college and will only be home at the weekends which means less bashing time :(
    if not .. then you can drink the nitro and run around like a headless chicken for a few days :D
    Only messing bud :cool:
    That sounds like fun :P

That sounds like fun :P

I knew I would cheer you up :D

The hyper 7 arrived this evenging, only getting to have a good look at it now. Fuel should be here tommorrow hopefully :)

I have the air filter on and rear wing on. I was wondering whether it was ok to cut the antenna wire back a bit as its to long for the supplied antenna tube ?

Before I pull the engine I'll put in a few squirts of WD40 ad then I'll give it a few pulls. I presume I have to flood the engine and then empty it out when I'm ready to start it to remove the oil.

Absolutely superb piece of equipment. So complicated :)

Post photos.

Post photos.
    Will do in the morning. Is it normal for the front suspension to be softer than the rear ?

I was wondering whether it was ok to cut the antenna wire back a bit as its to long for the supplied antenna tube ?

NO...!!! :eek:

Do not cut the ariel wire. If you do you will destroy the range ( and lose signal) and your buggy could get lost ( Runaway )

I meant to tell you to buy a Failsafe as well .
    Shuts the throttle off if it goes out of range due to loss of signal or simple dead batteries. ;)

NO...!!! :eek:

Do not cut the ariel wire. If you do you will destroy the range ( and lose signal) and your buggy could get lost ( Runaway )

I meant to tell you to buy a Failsafe as well .
    Shuts the throttle off if it goes out of range due to loss of signal or simple dead batteries. ;)
    Ah ok, I'll order a failsafe tomorrow.

• Advertisement

As requested:
    With shell on
    dsc00008jj0.jpg

And shell off
    dsc00010hg1.jpg

dsc00011qp6.jpg

Advertisement