Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i rewire main socket to disconnect extensions but keep alarm

Options
  • 21-08-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭

The point of this is i want to reduce any interference as my line got 'upgraded' but i can only synch at 4megs and i want to test if i can get better

Theres one of those eircom alarm thingys in the gaff we moved into, i want to disconnect the extension sockets( even the alarm just for a test of adsl synchs with no interference ), but i cant get it to synch if i disconnect anything.

My understanding is that fior the main socked only the Blue/White( i.e. mainly blue, patches of white ) and White/Blue need to be connected to L1 and L2, but i couldnt get synchs with just those 2 connected.

The wiring is as follows:

External cabling->Internal cabling
    White/Orange->White/Blue
    Orange/White->Blue/White

Faceplate
    Blue/White + Green/White->L1
    White/Blue + White/Green->L2

Anyone know how this should be wired for just the main socket? can it be connected without the alarm? is it possible to disconnect the extensions only but leave the alarm wired?

Cheers

Advertisement